Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Why I love my Mustang.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 09:46 PM
moonstang
2nd Gear Member

Default Why I love my Mustang.

I guess this could have gone in the Mustang Pride forum...

Today I was at Home Depot. When I came out I found a couple of people checking out my car. They asked me if it was mine and how I like it. They wanted to know if it was a manual or auto. Then they told me it was the exact car they wanted. They loved it.

The other night I was at the the local Wal Mart walking out to my car behind a man and his daughter. It turned out he was parked next to me. When his daughter was stalling and getting in the way of me getting in my car he told her to get out of my way. Then he did a double take and said "...and don't you dare touch that car. That is a very fine vehicle!" Then he asked me if it was mine and about how much it cost. I told him you can get into a new V6 for around 20,000. He said "That's do-able!" He left with a goal!

Driving across town the other night a guy pulled up next to me at a stop light on a custom painted Harley with his wife on the back. They looked over at my car and said "Nice Car!". I said "Nice bike!". Then his wife said (quietly) "Race Him!" He turned left, though, and I went straight.

Owning an S197 mustang feels like owning a piece of modern automotive history!
Old 08-19-2006, 10:08 PM
McBudd
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Why I love my Mustang.

Always great to hear stories like that. That is part of what makes driving a Stang so special.

My wife and I were getting gas the other day a a woman walked up with her two kids and asked if it was all right if they asked me some questions. She said they always point out every Mustang they see. They jumped and screamed when I started her up and yelled at the top of the lungs when I drove off. It was so cool to meet a future Stang owner, in about 15 or so years that is.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:09 PM
McBudd
2nd Gear Member

oh and love the hood scoop [sm=happybounce.gif]
Old 08-19-2006, 10:38 PM
FastLane034
3rd Gear Member

Exactly. People say get a camaro blah blah they are faster. Well do you really think a little kid is going to come up and yell and scream when you drive off in a catfish? Mustangs may not top the camaro, vette, etc etc but they are SO much more recognized and admired by all ages. Thanks for the stories!
Old 08-19-2006, 10:41 PM
fallfast90
4th Gear Member

i hear that!!! i cant count the number of times i have had people say nice stang!! i have everyone from little kids come over and say nice car, to the hot sonic girls come over and say they loved it

ps, dont tell the wife, haha lol
Old 08-19-2006, 11:45 PM
McBudd
2nd Gear Member

Ditto on the Sonic Girls. Don't know what it is about the girls that work there but They are always asking about my car everytime I stop there. Buddy of mine had a Vette and they never ask him anything. They make an old fart feel pretty good about himself. Sonic needs to be the offical fast food for Stang people.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:57 PM
celenztah
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FastLane034

Exactly. People say get a camaro blah blah they are faster. Well do you really think a little kid is going to come up and yell and scream when you drive off in a catfish? Mustangs may not top the camaro, vette, etc etc but they are SO much more recognized and admired by all ages. Thanks for the stories!

Absolutely! If I were totally interested in power and speed for the sake of power and speed...... who knows.... But, bottom line? Mustangs have one helluva a personality that reaches out and grabs people.

I drive to a lot of places for my work and in just the few months I've owned my '06, I've had several people at our company's properties go out of their way to tell me how much they want one of those or that it's their next car, etc.

But as much as that and the head turns can feed a chest swell...... we are but the humble ones who have been chosen by a Mustang.... not the other way around.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:13 AM
windveilpete
2nd Gear Member

I know exactly what you guys mean, I got a compliment from the lady at the drive through this morning. LOL
Old 08-20-2006, 12:42 AM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

A couple weeks ago I stopped at a grocery store. And as I do my customary shoulder turn when I walkaway from my stang, I noticed a 2 men walking towards my car. As I looked back they looked at me. I thought this was suspicious so I walked into the grocery store and watched through the window. The two men went straight to my car as soon as I went inside the store. They just stood there and admired my car for a few minutes. I wanted to push the panic button on the key fob to scare them away lol.]
Old 08-20-2006, 01:13 AM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

I was washing my car a few weeks back and this new guy in the community, i'd say in his 40's or something, with this beautiful gray 350z drives by stops, and says damn i wish i had that car! I was floored...props from a guy with a beautiful car, i had alot more $ into my RSX, it was modded alot more, and this car as relativly stock as it is gets props from random people constantly, the public just love the new s197's, v6, v8, whatever.

Quick Reply: Why I love my Mustang.