Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Rolling with 04 GT's?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 07:03 PM
jittie
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Rolling with 04 GT's?

You could do nitrous....that's a beast I'm too scared to mess with.

Not to hijack, but what other mods can add some decent power after doing CAI + tune and exhaust? I know about LSD and gears, but what else will add horsepower?
Old 08-20-2006, 09:33 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jittie

You could do nitrous....that's a beast I'm too scared to mess with.

Not to hijack, but what other mods can add some decent power after doing CAI + tune and exhaust? I know about LSD and gears, but what else will add horsepower?
Long tube headers, but with those the car will fail any emissions test.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:45 PM
jittie
1st Gear Member

What kind of gain do long tubes provide? Is there even any point to doing headers as a mod if you plan on keeping my single exhaust?

In Florida they don't have any kind of vehicle inspection....it's funny because you see alot of cars on the road that make you wonder how they are even running still.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:00 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jittie

What kind of gain do long tubes provide? Is there even any point to doing headers as a mod if you plan on keeping my single exhaust?

In Florida they don't have any kind of vehicle inspection....it's funny because you see alot of cars on the road that make you wonder how they are even running still.
Believe me i know Florida doesn't require inspection, thats why so many of the modded cars down here run w/o cats. My RSX didn't have one...we have 4 and the cat is the most restrictive part of the exhaust system, so yes even with one exhaust long tube headers would be worth it.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:05 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

beaten the same 03 gt at the track 4 different times, on 3 different nights. Hes a good sport about it. Hes got 4.10s, intake, and exhaust. Now is his car quicker than mine with the same driver? of course. But not with him driving (closest race we had was his 14.5 to my 14.6 but i holeshotted him with a better r/t)
Old 08-21-2006, 12:23 AM
Pimpin Pony
2nd Gear Member

You could always make your car a beast. New heads port and polished, 4v per cyl instead of two, bigger injectors, racing cam, maybe even change it over to a DOHC setup instead of a SOHC, blueprint and ballance, new ignition system, maybe stroke it out to a 4.3 or a 4.5 or something like that, a new ignition system, underdrive pully, bypass the A/C, ext. Of coarse you would have to get a new rearend and probably a new tranny, or at least beef up the one you have. If you did all that I would say that a conservative estamate on hp would be 450, but your probably looking at about $10,000-$12,000 maybe even a little more. Just imagine a blower and nitrous on top of that though.... straight up drag car!
Old 08-21-2006, 12:35 AM
nicarc369
2nd Gear Member

How are their autos? How much of a difference would there be auto to auto stock 4 stock?
Old 08-21-2006, 12:38 AM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nicarc369

How are their autos? How much of a difference would there be auto to auto stock 4 stock?
New edge GT autos vs s197 v6 autos? If thats what you're asking, mid 14's for them vs. low 15's.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:20 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fazm

beaten the same 03 gt at the track 4 different times, on 3 different nights. Hes a good sport about it. Hes got 4.10s, intake, and exhaust. Now is his car quicker than mine with the same driver? of course. But not with him driving (closest race we had was his 14.5 to my 14.6 but i holeshotted him with a better r/t)

Way to go Fazm in showing/representing what the 4.0 can do N.A hopefully most know watching at the track you are a 4.0 and do not mistake you for a GT.

Quick question.

What was your quickest ET ( could you give the sea level corrected ET also) before you put in the TT and gears?
One more what are the stock automatic 2001 -2003 GT's running when your out at the track if you know?

P.S
Nice burn out pic!
Old 08-21-2006, 01:35 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

you put new ignition system twice... yeah i read the whole thing...

ORIGINAL: Pimpin Pony

You could always make your car a beast. New heads port and polished, 4v per cyl instead of two, bigger injectors, racing cam, maybe even change it over to a DOHC setup instead of a SOHC, blueprint and ballance, new ignition system, maybe stroke it out to a 4.3 or a 4.5 or something like that, a new ignition system, underdrive pully, bypass the A/C, ext. Of coarse you would have to get a new rearend and probably a new tranny, or at least beef up the one you have. If you did all that I would say that a conservative estamate on hp would be 450, but your probably looking at about $10,000-$12,000 maybe even a little more. Just imagine a blower and nitrous on top of that though.... straight up drag car!

Quick Reply: Rolling with 04 GT's?