STRICTLY Bolt-On's.....all of em - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Old 08-23-2006, 03:54 PM   #11  
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default RE: bolt on's.....all of em

I'd like to consider tires as a mod. Maybe one of the most underrated mods. My new rubber is so much better than the BFGs... they just stick. I can hook up from a dig and I can fly around corners without a squeek.
SPARTAN VI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 04:26 PM   #12  
enorym
2nd Gear Member

ok...

DEFINE MODIFICATION: alteration the act of making something different.

When you change tires, you add traction...when you change tire diameter "either more rotating mass or less" you change centrifical force. I think traction is the most important modification, without that you will sit there all day and just burn up your tires. Traction is important...regardless of how much HP your car can put out you need traction to get it to the ground. Without that modification your going to have a very slow launch or a very speedy death.

EDIT: to keep thread on-topic
enorym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 04:30 PM   #13  
stratjakt
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Has anyone got the tuneable induction kit? Havent heard anything about it or how it compares to the other tunes.
I just installed mine monday, although I can't say I have anything to compare it to vs stock. But it feels like a whole new car, although most of that is probably due to the other aspects of the tune, esp the tranny, since it's an auto. I cant really see how there could be a big perf difference between C&L or the TI intake, they're both essentially the same thing. I went with tunable induction's because it's custom painted and looks really nice under the hood.
stratjakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 04:40 PM   #14  
enorym
2nd Gear Member

I may add your also changing gearing thats why putting bigger or smaller tires also throws off your speedo. Putting a smaller than stock tire on your car would make you run higher rpm's apon freeway driving. Putting bigger than stock would make it run less rpm's during freeway driving. This can also work for accloration and aginst it.
enorym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 06:04 PM   #15  
marlinmon07
2nd Gear Member

just wanted to say that yes tires ARE a mod. they created less slip time for me when i upgraded from the stock 235s to 275s
marlinmon07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:50 PM   #16  
stratjakt
2nd Gear Member

You can add a turbonator or a tornado for increased horsepower and gas mileage. They wouldn't advertise them on the speed channel if they weren't DA BOMB.

Does flushing and filling with synthetic oil count as a mod?

Nobody's said anything about suspension, but I've heard a few say that some GT take-off anti-sway bars really tighten up the handling. Which reminds me of another thread I was going to ask about springs/struts for the vert since most I've seen online say they're for coupes only.

Also, you can get a sticker that goes on your third brake light that says "rice eater" from ebay and people get behind you and it totally blows their minds and real street racing is all about getting in the other guys head, man!

You can get all kinds of cheesy stick on billet and chrome stuff. And a horn that plays dixie like in dukes of hazzard. Body kits and big wings and hood scoops that do nothing, and my favorite are the roof scoops just like rally racers have.

A Type-R sticker will add 50 RWHP and 60 lb/ft of torque.

<edit>

Actually now I'm being a little more serious. Would replacing ignition wires be good for anything other than under-hood dress up? My kid brother said doing wires on his focus made it run worlds better, the wires under the hood in my stang at least look a little anemic.

stratjakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 11:14 PM   #17  
Pimpin Pony
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: rmays06

Quote:
underdrive pully
SHows little to no gain.
Quote:
better tires
Not really a mod is it ****?
Yes tires are a mod... you can get more traction with better tires, more traction with wider tires, and change your rear differential by changing the height of your tires. Also, I belive that the Under drive pully was dynoed to show 6-8 RWHP, most people that go that far just get the alternator pully instead cause it adds almost as much but is cheaper and easier to install.

EDIT: To keep this thread on-topic
Pimpin Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 03:53 PM   #18  
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Default RE: STRICTLY Bolt-On's.....all of em

After PM'ing with several of you on this thread, I have cleaned up the off-topic posts so that eventually this thread will be made into a sticky at the top of the 4.0L section. Please post only about BOLT-ONS for our 4.0L's. Off-topic posts may be deleted without notice.
28HopUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:58 PM   #19  
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Axle back is probably the 2nd easiest took about 45 minutes.
rmays06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:47 PM   #20  
BlueStang6
2nd Gear Member

Upper control arm
Lower control arm
Panhard bar
Strut tower brace
Short-throw shifter
Line lock
BlueStang6 is offline   Reply With Quote