Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Some Questions regarding my Mustang!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 05:28 PM
silvermaster92
Banned

Default RE: Some Questions regarding my Mustang!!!!

or parts from japan. wouldnt that be funny, japan parts on a american car? lol.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:33 PM
fallfast90
4th Gear Member

As for winter, i think you should be fine. I spent 2 winters in norther VA, it snowed some there and i was fine. if your worried about spinning out just get a t-lock, better tires, and start in a lower gear from a stop.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:38 PM
silvermaster92
Banned

when u stop, arent u supposed to shift into 1st???? so are u trying to tell him to shift up to 2nd or 3rd?
Old 08-23-2006, 05:46 PM
fallfast90
4th Gear Member

I mean if your at a dead stop, start in 2nd. it wont have to deal with all the tQ since you are starting in a lower year. Now, when your slowing down, use the breaks lightly. This is better because, if you try and slow down with the clutch...well everyone knows what happens when you release the clutch too early while downshifting. This is all assuming he has a 5spd. Not sure if he does or not
Old 08-23-2006, 05:51 PM
stratjakt
2nd Gear Member

CAI/Tuner for more hp, bang for your buck, and it'll just improve the responsiveness of the car to the point it'll feel like a different car. 5-600 shipped from a couple of sources, bolt it on in your driveway in a half an hour. I'm no mechanic, and had no problem with my install.

Driving in snow.. Dead weight in the trunk and some good all seasons, if you want to pay for snow tires, go ahead. Nothing you will do on the car is a substitute for knowing how to drive in the snow (handle a slide, etc). I'm from canada, and learned to drive on patches of ice. Now I'm in maryland and every time more than a dozen flakes hit the ground there's a 50 car pile-up on one of the freeways... Sheesh, I could tell some funny stories of the chumps I've seen slippin around in the snow in their beefy 4wd pickups, but another time maybe.

Being from detroit, I assume you know how to handle a little bad weather. My only advice is to be a man about the cold, and keep the car washed, take her to the pay-n-spray and rinse that salt off your underbody. I do not miss the salt and rust, I can tell ya that much. My brother (still in canada) swears by a "crown oil" treatment he gets every year, they inject the stuff into door panels, etc..

Old 08-23-2006, 05:52 PM
silvermaster92
Banned

ORIGINAL: fallfast90

I mean if your at a dead stop, start in 2nd. it wont have to deal with all the tQ since you are starting in a lower year. Now, when your slowing down, use the breaks lightly. This is better because, if you try and slow down with the clutch...well everyone knows what happens when you release the clutch too early while downshifting. This is all assuming he has a 5spd. Not sure if he does or not
yeah,wheels start spinnin like crazy. does that work only in the snow, or also on regular roads?
Old 08-23-2006, 05:59 PM
fallfast90
4th Gear Member

yea try it whenever. Just remember, u gotta give it a little more gas to get it going. I used to live in CO, and those 4x4's where the only cars turned over and in accidents. They all think they are high and mighty traveling through the snow, until......BLACK ICE..HAHAHA. Nature strikes again,lol
Old 08-23-2006, 06:04 PM
silvermaster92
Banned

ok.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:10 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: skysurf

1.) Passenger-side dash noise: I notice as I am driving on more bumpy roads that the dash on my passenger-side makes quite some quirky and creeky noises (not sure what, haven't narrowed it down yet.) I know it's not a big deal, but unfortunately on my long drive to work I can't help but get slightly annoyed. Is this normal/any way to fix it, is it worth going to the dealer and use the "under my warranty, fix it" routine for this, or should I just ignore it being I am probably paranoid??
Strangely enough, I had something very similar on my 07. My wife figured out that if she stuck her finger between the dash and door panel it would stop. I took it in to the dealer for another issue and had them "fix" that too. Their "fix" was to replace the door latch. Of course it didn't do anything. I finally figured out it was the side panel of the dash rubbing in the kick panel trim that runs up vertically along the edge of the door (can see it when the door is open). I unsnapped the trim, installed some felt pads and snapped the trim back in. Now it's nice and quiet
Old 08-23-2006, 06:15 PM
silvermaster92
Banned

im not a fan of convertables but that one is ok.

Quick Reply: Some Questions regarding my Mustang!!!!