Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Satellite Radio antenna placement

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 03:41 AM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Satellite Radio antenna placement

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

Try mounting it in the back deck......Works great for me....
Mlcrycc, that's a great idea. Wouldn't work on my vert, but would work for Steve.

ORIGINAL: tacatc

When I had my Roady in I ran to the back via the center console but still had the wire running from the center console to the back seat. What did you do with that section of wire?
Try running it under the carpet, between the console and rear seat. The insulation should make it almost undetectable.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:48 AM
tacatc
2nd Gear Member

Well I guess any way I do it means I have to pull everything out to get to the excess wire. I hate the fact that the installer didn't even ask. I knew better than to go to Curcuit City but unfortunatly around here there is much of a choice.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:52 PM
Blk06Pony

When I installed mine, I tried to run it through the front. I couldn't find an "easy" way to route the wire. Therefore, I went through the trunk (much easier) and the antenna is in the left rear corner of the roof. I like it there better because it isn't noticeable as when I had it in the front on my previous car. They really need to come out with a wireless antenna!
Old 08-26-2006, 12:54 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Well I guess any way I do it means I have to pull everything out to get to the excess wire. I hate the fact that the installer didn't even ask. I knew better than to go to Curcuit City but unfortunatly around here there is much of a choice.
I here ya. Especially if you are as **** as I am about exposed wires, etc....The frustrating part about your scenario to me, is the fact that if the installer already had the antenna wire in the dash, the run around to the rear deck is easy from there. When I did mine, it was a bigger hassle getting from the center console to the dash......

Best of luck with it. Yes, it will be a pain in the butt to redo what you paid to have done, but when finished, you will probably be much happier with it....

Mike
Old 08-27-2006, 03:20 AM
Leighky
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

Try mounting it in the back deck......Works great for me....

Thats is where we mounted ours aswell. It works great.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:16 AM
tomsa55
1st Gear Member

google "decal antenna", filter results for the freq band.

the black mask on the rear window does not block rf (radio freq). so by mounting decal antenna on rear window, inside, under masking, makes a very stealth and neat installation. center mount would be ideal, but either upper corner is fine. Thats where I will be mounting my gps receiver antenna, using a decal antenna on inside. have fun and 73's de k0yz
Old 08-27-2006, 12:07 PM
Rrruss
1st Gear Member

On my Vert ran the wire from the center console under the carpet heading to the back seat, into the trunk and have the magnet mount sitting between the rally stripes on the little lip between the trunk lid and the opening for the top.

The spot is just slightly larger than the antennae itself, it looks like stripes were put there as a "parking spot" for it.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:21 PM
tacatc
2nd Gear Member

Ok now I'm p***ed I just went out and pulled the antenna off my roof and followed the wire back into the car, he ran the wire out to the door jam. All he would have had to do was continue down the door, pop up the door sill plate, then straight back to the trunk. I wish I would hav brought my socket set to work with me so I could get the extra wire stuffed behind the radio and do it now. I guess I will take me all of 30 minutes when I get home. I guess it just proves if you want something done right you have to do it yourself. Atl east now that eye sore is off the front of my ride, I'll just leave it on my dash till I get home.