Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Finally going to the shop!!!

Old 08-29-2006, 11:50 AM
Adian

Default Finally going to the shop!!!

After waiting so long I am finally taking my Stang in to have the body kit painted and installed tomorrow....It has been like the little kid waiting for Xmas with the box sitting in my garage with all the parts taunting me...I am having a Boy Racer kit put on, with a Street Scene Ducktail Spoiler, and a GT grille and foglight kit. In addition to that they are installing American Thunder exhaust, 2 pearl white racing stripes 12" (my car is Windveil Blue), and depending on their pricing a set of American Racing Shelby Razor wheels 18"...The guy is cutting me a good deal by letting me get it all done and pay it out to him over a 3 month time frame, saves on my frustration of having to look at that box any longer.

My purchase next month is to be a C&L and XCAL 2 package from Brenspeed, my only concern with the C&L is that it has metal tubing for the piping, and metal retains heat and therefore, in my opinion, negating some of the effects of a cold air intake...Do you guys have any opinions on that, or know the effects the piping has?...Or possibly a better CAI, but I heard C&L is supposed to be good when you use it with a tuner

Thanks in advance, and I will be sure to post before and after pics as soon as I get my car back on Sat
Old 08-29-2006, 12:05 PM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Finally going to the shop!!!

1st congrats on gettin you kit and everything else on im sure its gonna look great. 2nd about the CAI...Well i havent heard anyone say they had a problem with it retaining heat it has what i would say to be one of the best gains on the market for Mustangs. Most commonly 12hp to the wheels on most apps and thats the CAI i will most likely buy. Although if your that concerned about the metal piping you could go with a different intake. Theres S&B which is a rubber tube (S&B reportedly doesnt work with an SCTII though) or a K&N CAI which is also a rubber tube that works with the SCTII and gets a decent 7-8hp to the wheels. I realize they dont really have combos including one with a rubber hose so you might have to pay alittle more. But i would bet a metal tube is perfectly fine you pry wont have to worry about losing power over it.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:30 PM
kalel001
2nd Gear Member

How much are they going to charge in total for the installation and painting of the body kit?
Old 08-29-2006, 12:35 PM
Adian

He is only charging be a thousand to paint and install the body kit...I got the kit for 1299, but saw yesterday that the price tag on it has gone up o ver 300$