Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I want to make my '05 v6 mustang bad ass

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 12:18 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I want to make my '05 v6 mustang bad ***

Go to www.saleen.com and check out the GT take off kit; it comes with the body kit, wheel/tire combo, and dual exhaust all for about $1200.00. You'll still have plenty left for springs, CAI and X-cal.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:13 AM
StoneWolf
1st Gear Member

IMO, by default an 05+ Mustang is already bad ***
Old 09-02-2006, 02:58 AM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WolfeStang

I like the MRT axel back but... i dont know anything about cars so... how would I go about installing it?
Get a copy of the latest Mustang Enthusiast magazine.

(this one).

On page 28 the article entitled "Project Six Appeal" This is the first in a series and deals with installation of the headers (JBA shorties) and dual exhaust system (JBA True Duals). It has a step-by-step photo essay on how they installed both the headers and dual exhaust.
Old 09-02-2006, 03:53 AM
fitbikeco
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WolfeStang

I like the MRT axel back but... i dont know anything about cars so... how would I go about installing it?

SHOOT ME A PM I WILL GO INTO GREAT DETAIL ABOUT HOW TO DO THIS
EVEN A MONKEY COULD DO IT WITH MY INSTRUCTIONS
I WONT STEAR YOU WRONG
Old 09-02-2006, 06:14 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

you should make a sticky how-to, there arent any for axle-backs
Old 09-02-2006, 10:42 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

I would love to see some FI gains on those headers . I just recently sold mine for a driveshaft cause I have been seeing no gains from them NA'd. They did one with nitrous and got about 13 hp out of it but thats Nitrous. I want to see a supercharger or turbocharger gain. I want a little more than sound and smoother in the high rpms for $460.00 no what I mean, so I went with the driveshaft for now. I liked the thought of less rotational mass! LOL the sucker is light!!

$2000 is your budget!! YOu need to just wait and save up for the Turbo if you want major power. Or get ready for it and buy these: t-lok, LCA's, xcal tuner, and UCA cause lets face it thats what all these minor mods are gunna do is make you want the bolt on of all bolt ons in the long run. ( thats all it did to me. and look at my sig!LOL) So just save up for the kompresser! lol

ORIGINAL: Pyrat

Get a copy of the latest Mustang Enthusiast magazine.

(this one).

On page 28 the article entitled "Project Six Appeal" This is the first in a series and deals with installation of the headers (JBA shorties) and dual exhaust system (JBA True Duals). It has a step-by-step photo essay on how they installed both the headers and dual exhaust.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:51 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EmperorOfChicken

Rims.
preformance > looks
Old 09-02-2006, 02:48 PM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

I would love to see some FI gains on those headers . I just recently sold mine for a driveshaft cause I have been seeing no gains from them NA'd. They did one with nitrous and got about 13 hp out of it but thats Nitrous. I want to see a supercharger or turbocharger gain. I want a little more than sound and smoother in the high rpms for $460.00 no what I mean, so I went with the driveshaft for now. I liked the thought of less rotational mass! LOL the sucker is light!!

$2000 is your budget!! YOu need to just wait and save up for the Turbo if you want major power. Or get ready for it and buy these: t-lok, LCA's, xcal tuner, and UCA cause lets face it thats what all these minor mods are gunna do is make you want the bolt on of all bolt ons in the long run. ( thats all it did to me. and look at my sig!LOL) So just save up for the kompresser! lol
The before and after dyno test showed a maximum gain with the headers and exhaust system of 17.7 RWHP and 10 ft/lb of torque. The next article in the series will be a supercharger installation with, I presume, before and after dyno runs. I'm looking forward to seeing the results too.
Old 09-02-2006, 04:16 PM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

bah now paul has a pony? ha he needs to stick with choppers. I cant see him in a mustang, that would just look funny.
Old 09-02-2006, 04:24 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Horrific_Ending

bah now paul has a pony? ha he needs to stick with choppers. I cant see him in a mustang, that would just look funny.
i know...i guess he is getting too old though

Quick Reply: I want to make my '05 v6 mustang bad ass