Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just got a new Tungsten Grey '06 today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 04:33 AM
truthseeker83

Default Just got a new Tungsten Grey '06 today!!!

Hey guys, this is my first time to the forum, and am just looking to convey my excitement over my recent purchase! She's a tungsten grey premium v6 with pony package (love the shaker 500, it blows me away!). I'm planning on, over time, adding the 3dCarbon V6 body kit (i think it is very tasteful and sleek looking), and quarter window louvers. also, does CAI truly make a difference? And if so, how much?

Also, has anyone used or seen the body kit i'm talking about in person? If so, what are your impressions? Oh yeah, and I'm also looking for a website with decals for the 06's, so if anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be fantastic!! Can anyone tell i'm pumped?

As soon as I get my hands on a digital camera, I plan on posting some pics.
Old 09-02-2006, 04:40 AM
truthseeker83

Default RE: Just got a new Tungsten Grey '06 today!!!

oh yeah, and does anyone know if adding CAI voids the factory warranty?
Old 09-02-2006, 05:48 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

The CAI and Tune is awesome, and makes a very very big difference, in many ways... throttle response, shift points, power, etc.

As to the warranty, I would not take my car in to the dealer with the CAI installed and the tune in. It takes less than 45 minutes to put back the stock airbox and tune. So just do it when you have to go to the dealer. Don't bother with oil from the dealer, as this would be too much of a pain.

Congrats on the car. They are fun!!
Old 09-02-2006, 06:14 AM
Cindy
4th Gear Member

Congrats on your new pony and Welcome to the Forum! [sm=shades.gif]
Old 09-02-2006, 06:19 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

congrats on your pony, same one i have
Old 09-02-2006, 06:20 AM
truthseeker83

thanks guys! i had been driving an '03 v6 stang (dark shadow grey), but once i testdrove an 06, i was completely disillusioned about what i had. it is just quite simply a much better car: more power, better handling, smoother ride, tighter build, and better looks. there is just simply no comparison!!
Old 09-02-2006, 10:31 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

CAI and tune will help a lot. It will make your auto how it should have been when you came off the lot with it. I wouldn't trip on taking the CAI off everytime you go to the dealer ship lol. I never did. Intake's and exhaust is ok. The only time you'll want to change the tune back is if something more serious is going on. For example I had a tranny leak, I never took off my intake or changed my tune for a tranny leak... it has nothing to do with it. If your having problem with something to where they will need to look into the computer for it then you might want to, but even then you should be ok. Its just an intake. Hell I took mine in this past week with the blower on it and they loved it! lol. The kid who drove my car out to me was like" gosh dam!" when he got out to give me the car! lol I was like " it rediculas ain't it?!" lol
Old 09-02-2006, 11:57 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

truthseeker83 Date 9/2/2006 2:33:50 AM
Hey guys, this is my first time to the forum, and am just looking to convey my excitement over my recent purchase! She's a tungsten grey premium v6 with pony package (love the shaker 500, it blows me away!). I'm planning on, over time, adding the 3dCarbon V6 body kit (i think it is very tasteful and sleek looking), and quarter window louvers. also, does CAI truly make a difference? And if so, how much?

Also, has anyone used or seen the body kit i'm talking about in person? If so, what are your impressions? Oh yeah, and I'm also looking for a website with decals for the 06's, so if anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be fantastic!! Can anyone tell i'm pumped?

As soon as I get my hands on a digital camera, I plan on posting some pics.

First, congrats on your new purchase, and welcome to the forum!!! You asked about decals, so I would recommend you check out http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/.

Can't wait to see those pics...
Old 09-02-2006, 03:09 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

I disagree on NOT taking the intake off. If you are taking your car in for oil change, or warranty repair on the radio, they won't say a thing. But be certain they noted your mods. When you go in after 18 months for a transmission problem, don't be suprised if you are told engine mods have voided your transmission warranty. It takes 45 minutes off and on. It's worth it to be sure you won't have a problem.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:16 PM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Congratulations on the new purchase. Tungsten Grey was one of my first color picks so you got a nice one Not that the other colors arent nice but you know

Quick Reply: Just got a new Tungsten Grey '06 today!!!