Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

SPOTTED:BLUE 4.0 W/ DUALS!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 12:51 AM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

Default SPOTTED:BLUE 4.0 W/ DUALS!

OMG!!!!! IM CONVINCED!!! IM GETTING AN EXHAUST FOR MY BABY!!! AS I LEFT THE MOVIES TNITE AT DOWNTOWN PALM BEACH GARDENS I HEAR MY BUDDY (WITH A 4.6 1998 GT) YELL TO ME "STEVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEE...DUDE LOOK , U HEAR THAT , A 2006 ROUSH!!!" SO WE RUN OVER AND ITS A BLUE 2006 WITH WHITE STRIPES PONY PACKAGE WITH GT BUMPER IM ASSUMING CAUSE HE HAD DUALS AND IT SOUNDED AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!IT SOUNDED SO GOOD, MY FRIEND THOUGHT IT WAS A NEW ROUSH LET ALONE, IT WAS A 4.0 AND THE BEST PART ,IT MADE ME NEVER WANT A GT!!!!!!!!!!!! TO ME IT SOUNDED LIKE A VQ V6 IN THE G35 AND 350Z WITH LIKE A FULL BORLA EXHAUST OR SOMETHING!!! I TRYED RUNNING UP TO THE GUY BUT HE DIDNT SEE ME AND LEFT...THE CAR SOUNDED SO DAM GOOD! IM UPSET NOW CAUSE I WANTED TO GET THE SAME EXACT SETUP AS HIM BUT I DIDNT GET TO CHAT!!! IM KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED THAT HES ON MUSTANGFORUMS!! GUYS...WHAT DO I NEED FOR DUAL SETUP! AND HOW DO I ACHIEVE THAT SOUND?!?!? I DOWNLOADED ABSOLUTELY EVERY SINGLE EXHAUST MOVIE IN THE EXHAUST THREAD AND ITS EITHER CAUSE THE MOVIES DONT DO ANY JUSTICE TO SEEING IT IN REAL LIFE OR ITS JUST THIS GUYS SETUP I HEARD TNITE! I GOT A FRIEND WITH JBA DUALS ON HIS 4.0 AND I THINK IT SOUNDS LIKE **** COMPARED TO THIS!! IF UR ON THE FORUMS ,SPEAK UP! UR MY IDOL! I LEFT A GIZ STAIN ON THE GROUND IN FRONT OF THE MOVIES TNITE BECAUSE OF U! PLEASE RESPOND,ALSO GUYS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW, WHAT SETUP HE HAD...I KNOW GT TAKEOFFS ARE THE MOST QUIET, SO THIS COULDNT OF BEEN...MAYBE IT WAS BUT WITH A FULL EXHAUST? DOES A FULL EXHAUST SOUND DIFF THEN JUST AXLEBACKS? ALL COMMENTS AND ANSWERS AND ADVICE PLEASE WELCOMED! ALSO HOW MUCH FOR A DUAL SETUP AND DO I NEED TO CUT MY CAR FOR DUALS? I DONT WANT A GT BUMPER CAUSE THEN IT WONT MATCH THE REST OF MY 4.0 BODY STYLE OR NO?? LET ME KNOW ! THANKS BOYS AND GIRLS!
Old 09-03-2006, 01:16 AM
Miami Mustang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: SPOTTED:BLUE 4.0 W/ DUALS!

LIKE ZOMG!!!!1111 LOLZ I knew you would change your mind on the exhaust, having dual exhaust is awesome! The dual exhausts that I know of (other than the JBAs) are Flowmasters, Magnaflows (I have em and love the sound), and MACs. Maybe they could've been dual MRTs, those are loud and throaty.

P.S. Chill with the caps man! lol
Old 09-03-2006, 01:22 AM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

dude whats ur AIM?? we gotta talk!! im hyperventalating!!! the movies dont do justice nor do they even sound close!!! omg tnite was the best night of my life!! EFF GT'S!!! LOL NAH I LOVE BOTH BUT GOOD LORD MY FRIEND MISTAKED OUR 4.0 FOR A 06 ROUSH , NOT EVEN THAT IT SOUNDED REDUNKULOUS!
ORIGINAL: Miami Mustang

LIKE ZOMG!!!!1111 LOLZ I knew you would change your mind on the exhaust, having dual exhaust is awesome! The dual exhausts that I know of (other than the JBAs) are Flowmasters, Magnaflows (I have em and love the sound), and MACs. Maybe they could've been dual MRTs, those are loud and throaty.

Old 09-03-2006, 01:28 AM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

hey bro, what do i need if i want duals? does the sound make a diff with duals? also, who should i have install my exhaust? any garage? last buy not least most important...will it matter if i just go with axlebacks rather then a full exhaust sound wise and will an exhaust throw a check engine light?

Old 09-03-2006, 02:10 AM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

DIDNT MEAN TO SIGN OFF ON AIM, I GOT KICKED OFF, IM BACK ON, MY BAD!

Old 09-03-2006, 04:07 AM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

Youll be happy with your duals. I have had them for about 2 months now and i am super happy with it.
Old 09-03-2006, 05:02 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

duals are sweet, i hope to have them in a few months

btw, it is proven that it is harder to read blocks of text when the entire thing is typed upper cased
Old 09-03-2006, 06:19 AM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

get dual mrt mufflers with custom H pipe.. go to your local muffler shop and tell them that

youll have to supply your own mufflers though

www.mrt-direct.com for the mufflers, buy the GT muffler package and get your muffler shop to install them.... remember ask for an H pipe.. dont let him con you into a Y pipe.... X pipe is good too
Old 09-03-2006, 12:23 PM
stang_4_joey
1st Gear Member

I have Dual exhaust and I love it. The GT Takeoffs have a real nice sound not to loud under normal driving conditions (can hear your radio and hold conversation with others) but when you get on the car they sound really good. If you would like to hear a good sound clip go to the following location. This was the deciding factor for me and I set my duals up same way as this gentleman.

http://marklhammond.googlepages.com/exhaustvideoclips

1 - Purchased 2 GT takeoffs from ebay - $80.00 included shipping

2 - Purchased Mannaflow X pipe ebay - $75.00 included the cost of shipping

3 - Purchased GT Driver side pipe from local dealer - $100 (was ripped off by dealer) recommend using

4 - Purchased 2 muffler hangers for 2005, V6 Mustang – paid $38.00 each + shipping

5 - Paid muffler shop $300.00 to install. Price was high because I asked shop to set it up so the transmission could be serviced without having to cut the exhaust apart. The shop did an excellent job. They welded 8 flanges on my setup (4 on the Xpipe and 4 on the other mating pipes). Also System is balanced, pipes are equally spaced off the center of the car.

If you want to do it your self you may want to purchase the following from ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...DME:L:RTQ:US:1

This part will eliminate items 2 and 5 above. Not real sure about the part found it after I had my system done.

Good luck
Old 09-03-2006, 02:21 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

i paid less canadian, all i did was supply the X pipe and hte GT take offs. and i said make it work

i also cut my own bumper

Quick Reply: SPOTTED:BLUE 4.0 W/ DUALS!