Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Goodbye 6, Hello Roush :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 10:18 AM
TTSRACINGWORLD
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Goodbye 6, Hello Roush :)

I'm not going anywhere. I got my V6 and that what I wanted. Yea, a GT or a Roushwould have been nice but the gas and also there is alot you can do to the V6. Plus I saved alot of money.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:44 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Sick Six Date 9/3/2006 1:35:24 AM
Well ****.....seems like all the sixes are runnin off.....
I know I haven't done a whole lot of work on my car, but damnit
I love it. I won't trade it in for anything. NO MATTER WHAT.
Not saying eventually i will buy a Shelby GT500...but hey. I will still have the six.
Not bashing those of you who traded yours in, just stating that i will not.
It does seem that way, but you gotta realized that those V6's being traded in aren't going to disappear. They will be bought up, and some of them will end up here asking about CAI's, tuners, mufflers...
Old 09-03-2006, 12:10 PM
rfruscel
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

ORIGINAL: chrisc

wow, that is a big jump up lol
wow... from a $20K V6 to what $60K (maybe more?) Roush??? Someone hit the lottery? LOL! The non-S/C Roush's are mid 40's??? Low 40's???
Much less than 60k, even less than 40k. It's not a complete Roush package, just the supercharger. 415hp, 385 ft-lbs of torque. And 0% finanicing.

I honestly just went to the dealership to test drive a GT and this one caught my eye. I told myself I wouldn't drive it because I knew it would be all over if I did.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:10 PM
davelong667
I ♥ Acer

I will be keeping my six for awhile. My wife made a pre-purchase agreement with me in order to get the "ok" to buy a Stang. The agrrement is that I cannot and will not trade in my stang until it is paid in full, the next "new" vehicle will be hers, since it will be her turn to trade in her Nissan Pathfinder. So needless to say I will be a faithfull sixer here on MF. We live in the country, a trip to work for both of us is a 60 mile round trip. Miles add up quicker than you think. By the time a car is paid off, it has 120,000 to 150,000 miles on it and its time to get a new one, lol. We have no house payment, its paid for, and our land is as well, SO.... our cross to bear isnt a mortgage, its 2 car payments that will NEVER cease.... even when we are old....lol So we accept the fact that $1000 a month goes to cars, no ands ifs or buts... fun!!
Old 09-03-2006, 01:43 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Man more and more of us are going away!!! NOOO!

I'll be here for a while. lol Too much money into my car to sell it. Its more of a personal thing now. I have the power of a base GT pretty much already so.... IM about $5,750 in debt to my credit car for whats under my hood lol so once I get that paid off I plan to just start throwing extra money towards my car payment to get it paid off quicker. As of now I pay $275.02 a month for the car and I pay $160 a month 0 apr (right now at least lol) for the blower. So once the blower is paid off I just want to pay and extra $160 to my car payment,get her paid off, then the real fun starts!! Not for a little while though.

Your somewhat right about seeing who really liked there V6 lol I mean im sure they like it but deep down they wanted the GT lol All along lol.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:12 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

You will see a ton of new members soon. When the 0% interest deal started, my dealer said the V6's were the first to go off the lots. Just give it time.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:13 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

when i first moved out here to california, i started looking at mustangs and the only GTs i saw on the lot were the Roush cars. talk about pricey, dang! that was the other reason i looked into getting the 6, no plain-jane GTs.

from what i understand, Salinas Valley Ford is the number one Roush dealership.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:53 PM
JoeBlack

No way I'm gettin rid of my 6'er I love it too much! It will go to my son in 3.5 years and I'll be gettin another one for me to mod all over again :-)
Old 09-03-2006, 04:08 PM
SparkYZ
2nd Gear Member

I love my sixer. Its not like im always racing.
Honestly, if I had a GT, I would have 6 speeding tickets and be rolled over in a ditch dead somewhere.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:33 PM
05BlackPony
3rd Gear Member

Congrats!

----------

Anybody notice how many new threads we have daily for the six section?

There used to be a good two pages worth from the start to the end of the day, only a few months back.
Now I can see 3 days worth of posts on the front page.. depressing.. [&o]

Quick Reply: Goodbye 6, Hello Roush :)