Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Could someone make me a check off list please?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 02:51 AM
v6stanggoddess
1st Gear Member

Default Could someone make me a check off list please?

I would really appreciate it if someone would make me a check off list on all the parts I need to get the gt grill and fogs and wireing stuff. I am not going to go with a gt front bumper but the grill and fog lights instead. Could one of you put them in

order for me please of everything I would need? I can find the places to buy them. It's just hard because I searched the forums and I am a confused idiot girl when it comes to this stuff. I need a check off list so I can say ok, I have that now I need this! Forgive this gals ignorance please! I just now have the money I think and the only thing holding me back is all the parts I will need.

Thanks SO SO very much!!
Old 09-06-2006, 03:02 AM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Could someone make me a check off list please?

Afixer has installed a GT like foglight grill and now wants to install a center foglight grill. He needs the origianl V6 pieces and you may be able to trade him for the complete kit. See this thread: https://mustangforums.com/m_1920751/tm.htm
Old 09-06-2006, 10:48 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Alyssa, are you in so cal? i would be happy to help you out. unfortunatly ill prob still keep the ss grill i have after all it was a proto type. i would not install the gt grill in your car there are so many better choices now that will fit much better. street scene has many to choose from as well as the pony grill or even the k2 grill they are all slide in and require no forcing or cutting. i myself lean toward the ss stuff they are a quality co. i have met the owner and he is a real stand up guy. one of our members had a bad unit so i called him and they replaced it right away. the new center light unit (they also have a metal style that has been out for awhile) is oem looking and very nice looking i just picked up one yesterday and will be installing it today. please feel free to email or pm me im still very busy with the house remodle but i can alway find time to help out a fellow stanger.

Tom
Old 09-06-2006, 12:07 PM
v6stanggoddess
1st Gear Member

Hey afixer thanks. I live in Montana though where I am going to school right now. I am actually NOT getting the GT take-off stuff because of a post that you wrote a while ago. Basically it asking why someone would want a GT part when they could have their OWN part. Something like that LOL. Anyway, so I get everything from street scene then? So then I would need the grill, the actual fog lights, and then the wiring harness? And that is it?
Old 09-06-2006, 01:07 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

yes if thats the style you like. the thing i like about street scene is they offer alot of choices. the large standard ( or gt style) with plastic outer and mesh center in crome, mill, powder coated black or black crome. then they offer the center light kit in mech and now offer the center kit in oem style all plastic and i have to say they did a great job matching the texture and fit to make it as oem as possible. yes they are alittle more do to the need for lights and harness but the harness is first class and thats not just because when they were prototyping it on my car i offered some suggestions and they did them. its just because its a simple and clean unit. the only thing i did differant is instead of using the supplied switch i opted to get the gt switch and wired that so that it is more stock. there are many venders that carry the ss stuff. i am not sure of who are approved for here. i dont work for street scene and dont sell for them just am lucky enough to live close to them and offered my car. and they are stand up people, mike the owner is a great guy and really loves the mustangs he actually owns 2 of them. lucky for me they are both v8s so he still needs my car from time to time. i can walk you thru the gt switch install if thats the way you go, or just use the switch that comes with the harness it is very clean also. i have posted a cheap place to get the lights a few times and can give it to you if needed. i hope i dont sound like a street scene pimp but when you find a co that stands behind there stuff like they do you want to support it.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:30 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Not to hijack the thread but i asked this a while ago with no reply. Does stillen own street scene? Thats what one of the stillen employees told me but im not sure