Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What I learned tonight...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 05:04 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What I learned tonight...

if it was an SS it should have waxed you, like a sure *** kicking.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:07 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: ilduce321

1. My Mustang cannot beat a Camaro (not sure what year it was) or a new GTI on the highway
- the Camaro had a laptop on it and the GTI was throwing a lot of sparks
2. The speed limiter is set at 115mph, or 3300rpm in 5th
3. In my opinion, Mustangs are built for acceleration, not top end
4. I REALLY NEED A TUNER
5. 115mph is pretty f@#$*&% fast and pretty scary on a narrow winding highway (Wilbur Cross/Merritt Parkway, Rt. 15 in CT, for those of you who may know what I'm talking about)

That's my rant for the night...I was definitely stupid to do what I did, but hey, it was fun and I'll save that stuff for the track in the future

*LESSON LEARNED*
lol I missed that bolded part of point 1) Sounds like Fast and Furious talking there....Maybe the floorboard from the GTI was getting blown apart by the Nitrous [8D] and the Camaro was 'articulating' his fuel curve in mid-drive...
Old 09-08-2006, 05:29 PM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

When the Camaro pulled up next to me, I could see the laptop on his passenger seat...being the middle of the night, a big lit up screen is hard to miss. Obviously I can't say that he was using it to run his car, it could've just been there, but I think the odds of a Camaro racing on the highway with a laptop inside it and it just sitting there are slim to none.

I think the GTI was throwing sparks because something kept hitting ground...it was definitely lowered. Something in that undercarriage, maybe the muffler(?), kept hitting the ground. Everytime there was the slightest bump in the road, sparks flew.

And trust me, the Camaro did WAX me...I didn't stand a chance. The GTI gave me a good a$$ whoopin too. After I pulled in for gas, I saw the Camaro and a Mustang GT pass the gas station. God only knows what that led to. The GTI pulled off an exit before.

I know I didn't stand a chance, but that pride thing gets in the way sometimes and you do stupid things. I raced once before on this same highway, against a Corvette, and obviously I knew that if hell froze over maybe I could see him for more than a few seconds, I just wanted to see what it could do. Thing is, there were 5 of them, all black, all NJ tags (so they were out of state), and the other four slowed down quite a bit to let us go. I assume that they were "controlling traffic."

LiquidLenny, I don't know if you've been on the Merritt lately, but the steel bridge at Sikorsky is gone. It's paved over now and has 3 lanes in each direction...guess all the traffic for the I-95 merge warranted that.