Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

new gti

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 11:20 AM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

Default RE: new gti

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

You don't know anything about VW's...

I know have a dozen people who have 1.8T's and 2.0T's well into the 13's. And I've seen plenty 1.8T's in the 12's. Believe what you want, but it is EASY to gain 40+hp on turbo VW/Audi motors with ONLY an ecu upgrade.
ET and hp are different there chief. u can hit 12s in a light *** car with 200-250 whp easy. in fact, the civic hatches do it with 220 bhp. so ur dozen people dont impress me. the fact of the matter is, u pulled a couple numbers out of your *** (especially the torque good gawd the torque [sm=headbang.gif]). some of the larger audi motors will see good gains from a chip, but the small turbos do not. they see better gains from bolt ons, like all small turbo cars in existence.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:26 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Whatever...

I'm not going to bother to try to convince you, go look around at 1.8T/2.0T tuning site if you want and you'll see that I'm right but for now you can believe what you want.

V6 Mustang Stock Automatic < GTI DSG Stock

Back to the GTI, its not a automatic, its a sequential manual with 2 clutches. It can complete a shift in less than 10ms, which makes it the fastest sequential manual in the world. Faster than the gearboxes in most Ferrari's, with the exception of the non-road legal FXX and maybe the F430 Challenge.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:17 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

Whatever...

I'm not going to bother to try to convince you, go look around at 1.8T/2.0T tuning site if you want and you'll see that I'm right but for now you can believe what you want.

V6 Mustang Stock Automatic < GTI DSG Stock

Back to the GTI, its not a automatic, its a sequential manual with 2 clutches. It can complete a shift in less than 10ms, which makes it the fastest sequential manual in the world. Faster than the gearboxes in most Ferrari's, with the exception of the non-road legal FXX and maybe the F430 Challenge.

i did....

you arent right.

there were guys hitting 200 whp after a chip, DP, tuboback exhaust, and intakes. basically all the major bolt ons and a tune to net 50 hp. that sounds much more reasonable (and they had dynojet graphs as opposed to *** dynos ) for a car with stock boost and turbo. and the torque was a much more reasonable ~210 at the wheels. i saw about half a dozen of these scanning GTI forums (which, btw, its hard as hell to find another forum with the organization we have here.... LS1Tech is the only other one ive found thats any good).
Old 09-08-2006, 02:00 PM
Puerto Rico 4.6
3rd Gear Member

Its not form ECU alone , they also increase the boost in the reflash or manually. I have raced a new Audi A3 DSG from a roll i can take him but at the top of forth gear he blows by me. At the track he does 14.8-14.9 at 94 and the audi is a bit heavier than the GTi since its a four door.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:57 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

The boost is controlled by the ECU. I know on the 150hp 1.8T's the stock ecu spiked the turbo at 9psi but will hold 7psi, after its chipped it will spike to 19psi and hold 14psi(depending on which chip you get). Thats pretty much the highest boost you can get on the K03 or K03s turbo. Anything higher boost and you need to upgrade to something else, K04 is the next biggest but they also have T3/T4 hybrid turbo setups.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:02 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

The boost is controlled by the ECU. I know on the 150hp 1.8T's the stock ecu spiked the turbo at 9psi but will hold 7psi, after its chipped it will spike to 19psi and hold 14psi(depending on which chip you get). Thats pretty much the highest boost you can get on the K03 or K03s turbo. Anything higher boost and you need to upgrade to something else, K04 is the next biggest but they also have T3/T4 hybrid turbo setups.
Was it a 2.0T or a 3.2 VR6?
Old 09-08-2006, 04:06 PM
Sevalley
1st Gear Member

I had a 1.8T. Those turbo VWs are nothing like our mustangs. The smallest mod and you get significant gains, esp with the chip (obviously not 50 hp to the wheels or anything, bt still a HUGE difference), which benefits those turbo engines almost like putting a supercharger on ours, esp with intake and exhaust. Bone stock GTI v. stock v6 stang I would say would come down to the driver (well, on auto I dont know what it would come down to, luck?), but that same GTI with ANY mod, I would def put my money on the gti. Off the line the stang will always be ahead, but anything past 2nd gear, such as a rolling start or esp if your already cruising on the freeway, and the GTI will BLOW us away. Those Turbos are all high end power, our v6s are all about low end torque. I dont know about you guys, but I get NO power from 5th gear. 4th isnt anything to talk about either.

added: I just saw the quote about vw forums. VWVORTEX.COM is the best car forum I have ever seen, I have been lookin for a mustang forum as active as that one is. This is the best mustang forum I have found, does anyone have another good one?
Old 09-08-2006, 06:18 PM
Puerto Rico 4.6
3rd Gear Member

2.0 T
Old 09-08-2006, 06:31 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

GTI's with the "Automatic" DSG are faster than the standard manual GTI's, something like 0.2s faster in 0-60. A DSG version should be good for a mid 6s from 0-60, and a high 14 in the quarter. And if its chipped they're not pushing out 200hp anymore, probobly closer to 250hp/300lbft. I'd put my money on the GTI, I've heard people in GT's having trouble beating modded GTI's.

50 hp from a chip? what the fu........ we talking diesel here or something?

u jumped from 200/207 to 250/300? think more like 205-210/215ish. especially with no bolt ons, we are talking minimal gains on any car with a tune.
any turbo car will gain alot more than 10 horsepower with a tune...especially a gti. they have really strong blocks and their stock injectors are very high flowing so with just a tune (the boost can be turned up dont forget) they can gain alot.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:35 PM
imbus
2nd Gear Member

the stock hp on the new gti is 200 or 205. the night he got it he picked me up and we were doin about 135 on the highway...its fast as hell and the throttle response in sports mode is much better than ours. i got to race one from about a 40 mph roll and we were dead even until 113...than i saw that he was an extremely fat man so that might be why

Quick Reply: new gti