Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

new gti

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 11:36 AM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

Default RE: new gti

ORIGINAL: PONY Killa

Are u nuts? Of course Modded, I only called a sleen cuz that i know of other than a few malitia mustang guys in colorado, that would be the only competition... Unless ne1 runs better than a 1:40 on a PMi track course??? And 11s at 6000ft on the 1/4???

and the award for ignorant quote of the year goes to.......

saleens wouldnt be your only competition, I think u just kinda pulled a name out of ur *** and decided to go with it Mr. Certified. there are plenty of GTs (5.0, sn95, PI, s197) that would rip you apart, and you forgot about the terminators. I can respect a vw for what it is, and you admitted it takes a complete turbo upgrade (and thats like 5 bucks right? ) to put down some decent numbers. I havent seen any evidence of a 2.0 GTI with chip and supplimental tuning alone gaining better than 40 hp. add a couple minor bolt ons and that number raises again. but we are still seeing numbers below what a stock 99 GT puts down in a car that is a little heavier. Dont get me wrong, i admire how well turbo cars respond to basic mods, and i wish my PI would get crap out of basic bolt ons (which... due to sh*tty heads gains are minimal.... and dont even ask the sn95 guys about their heads [:'(]), the cars are well designed, and even look alright (if ur into hatches). but but you are outright lying about power and capability. 275 hp depending on software is bull****, as is 200 mph. if you have an 11 sec vw, good for you, but u didnt do it with a chip, which was the original conversation. so your call out basically says that you have a small ***** and you need to compensate by acting like a badass on the internet.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Puerto Rico 4.6
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: imbus

yea the guy has intake and tune and other stuff im sure. its my favorite car in the world

If thats the only thing he had done..there is no way he has over 500 . Me and my friend just installed a Methanol injection kit on a 06 Saleen SC and we tuned it. The car already had the JDM sc pulley for more boost, long tube headers , intake and the JDM tune. With the JDM tune it made 423 hp SAE at the wheels. After we ran the Meth and retuned it with our own SCT program the car spit out 476HP SAE and this was after 4-5 runs ..with a cooler car the numbers would have been a bit higher. 476 HP is about 550 at the engine. The car looks sick yellow with 20 inch chrome wheels.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:43 PM
imbus
2nd Gear Member

every1 lies to me about how much power they have. i just dont get it
Old 09-15-2006, 12:54 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

imbus
every1 lies to me about how much power they have. i just dont get it
I won't lie to you! My numbers are listed at the bottom. Why would I lie? They're not that great, IMO.

SpecterGT260
so your call out basically says that you have a small ***** and you need to compensate by acting like a badass on the internet.

8cd03gro
You, my friend, are an *** hole, and you need to stop lying online to look like a big man.
Yes, I realize that PONY Killa has made some outlandish claims, but y'all need to stop with the personal comments. Don't sink to that level (plus, that's listed under #2 in the rules).

Bill Jr.
28hopup
Old 09-15-2006, 01:18 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

I thought several times about killing this thread...

But then - I was gaining a certain amount of entertainment value out of watching people getting bent over stupid people making stupid statements, so I left it run to see what would happen next.

However - - - lately, people in here have been on edge and feelings seem to get hurt easily as well..

Sooo.... in short!

C O O L I T !

Old 09-15-2006, 02:28 PM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMade

[
Hey man! You know what?!?! You're most likly right! lol The estimated cost of the new Camero is around $38,000 and the Challenger I want to say is around the same... The Mustang on the other hand has really good price because people still enjoy the V6's and you can get them for as cheap as $20,000 and a brand new GT for about $33,000 - $35,000. It almost seems like mustangs have also been more popular over the years but that may be because of the price. Plus I heard that Chevy isn't doing so well.

If Chevy is going to price the Camaro over $30,000 they have just started the ball rolling for them to go out of business.

One of the reasons the Mustang is such a hit is because you can actually buy one for about $20,000 sticker and it's not a stripped car by any means.

I read somewhere that 85+ percent of Mustangs sold are of the V6 variety and even accounting for the rentals Hertz buys I do see more V6's than GTs by far.

Another thing about GM is they tend to nickle dime you on options and to get a *real car* you have to spend a lot more than the low ball sticker price.
Remember the 1980's 4 cylinder Camaros?
??????? What were they thinking???????

GM should hire a team of people to do nothing but read these kinds of forums and see what the real world wants because these think tank idiots are killing the business.

I give DC a lot of credit for taking a chance with the Charger etc and the retro look.
That was a huge gamble for them and it seems to have worked.
Personally I don't like the look of the cars but that's just me.
I also find those Dr Z commercials hysterical!

GM needs to seriously do some research on what kind of Camaro people really want and price/option it out accordingly because I honestly believe it's getting to be "pony up time" or go under for GM.
They have consistantly been releasing one horrid, dull, boring car after another and the public isn't buying but instead running to DC, Ford (no real winners there either except Mustang that new sedan and Freestyle , but better than GM) and the imports.

Old 09-15-2006, 07:55 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

I thought several times about killing this thread...

But then - I was gaining a certain amount of entertainment value out of watching people getting bent over stupid people making stupid statements, so I left it run to see what would happen next.

However - - - lately, people in here have been on edge and feelings seem to get hurt easily as well..

Sooo.... in short!

C O O L I T !

eh? this is pretty tame for this site....... you must not go out to the off topic section much
Old 09-15-2006, 08:11 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

my buddy actually bought an 03 passat 1.8t yesterday and i was showin him the chip, lol... i want him 2 get some performance stuff cuase i miss my turbo mustang 86 svo i miss u!!!