Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Tempted to buy another Stang...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 12:50 PM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Tempted to buy another Stang...

ORIGINAL: HurricaneStang

Really you cant beat that for a brand new one...Just keep that one stock for your daily driver it should hold you over well enough until you drive the other beast. And yes 2 Mustangs would be kick ***. WHAT A DEALLLL!
+1...one stock for everyday driving, one modded like hell
Old 09-13-2006, 02:44 PM
merlinsrealm
3rd Gear Member

Hey, I sy go for it. I have 2 Mustangs And I love it!

Old 09-13-2006, 05:40 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

It was a short lived mania..... if I buy this now, I will have a Stang daily driver, but it will be a 6'er that I can't spend much to mod (have to mod my vert). Since I put a fair amount down on my vert, I would have to finance almost the whole nut on the new 6'er, and be stuck with a big payment. This will lock me out of everything that comes out in two years (or three). And, there has to be something hot coming out to compete with the Challenger and Camaro (that will certainly be doing 400 HP).

If I don't buy this one now, I am stuck driving a minivan or crappy Chevy SUV for the next 2 years, but by then, the Vert will be paid off and will have an XCharger in it. Then I will have the down money and no payments, so I could buy virtually anything in the Mustang line.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:51 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LX200

It was a short lived mania..... if I buy this now, I will have a Stang daily driver, but it will be a 6'er that I can't spend much to mod (have to mod my vert). Since I put a fair amount down on my vert, I would have to finance almost the whole nut on the new 6'er, and be stuck with a big payment. This will lock me out of everything that comes out in two years (or three). And, there has to be something hot coming out to compete with the Challenger and Camaro (that will certainly be doing 400 HP).

If I don't buy this one now, I am stuck driving a minivan or crappy Chevy SUV for the next 2 years, but by then, the Vert will be paid off and will have an XCharger in it. Then I will have the down money and no payments, so I could buy virtually anything in the Mustang line.
if your vert is auto it would make alot more sense to take all the mods off of the that (cept for the tuner and maybe the exterior mods) and put them on the manual if you got it. Think about it, the manual is a little quicker already, it is lighter than your vert by a few hundred pounds, it has the pp suspension upgrades, and i really don't understand the stick being your back and forth to work cruising car and the auto being your weekend car. It's the opposite in my mind. Thats just me, but i would just wait anyway. If you have the cash to throw down like that on a v6, wait until the boss comes out or until the next model year of the mustang. 06-07 gt's will be cheaper once th next model year comes out and if the boss comes out you will be able to get a gt cheaper also. I mean hell, get a stick gt for a few grand more and save yourself the trouble of having to mod for a while, if you are planning on throwing down 2k in mods right away if you buy the new 6, you might as well just get the gt and save yourself some time and some major money on your vert. Make the vert the daily driver, skip the x-charger, and throw some mods on the gt. That's what i would do, but do what you want im just givin ideas.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:18 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Well... you have hit on my possible other strategy that I have in mind. Once I amassed the $5500 for the XCharger, I was going to have to look hard in the mirror, and decide whether I would really do this, or use that money to put down on a 2008/9 GT Vert, and then make my current V6 vert my daily drive in 2008/9.

It's complicated by the fact that the fun weekend car has to be a vert.... both because I like it, and the wife digs it totally. So getting the red '06 stick now, it would have to be the daily driver. The wife would not want the vert getting all used up and dirty/messy etc.

The constraint is this... I must have a vert as the weekend fun car, so that can be done several ways

1. Buy this red car as daily, keep vert as weekender, have money to do XCharger
2. Don't buy red car now, keep vert as weekender but DON'T put XCharger on, get GT (or better) vert later, then use current vert as daily
3. Don't buy red car now, keep vert as weekender, DO put the Xcharger on, then later buy a GT COUPE as daily driver... but this seems dumb, why have a GT as the daily driver?
4. Don't buy red car, keep vert as weekender, DO add Xcharger, buy Chrysler 300 with hemi in 2008/9 as luxury cruise-mobile

Right now, I am leaning toward 4. I end up with a fast vert as my weekender (which was always the intention), and then get a Chrysler 300 Hemi, which will be a kick as daily luxury-mobile.

But damn... a GT vert with current car as daily sounds good too...

I think number 1 has passed... I want options later, and with an XCharger, 3.73 rear and TLok, my Mustang will eat GT's.

DAMN. Why couldn't it be a red GT for $18,999.

The other wildcard in all this is stop buying new cars..... I have owned 9 cars, ALL bought new. I have never bought used, but it seems like a real sensible thing to do. Heck, for $19,000 I could probably get an '05 GT Coupe with like 25000 miles....
Old 09-13-2006, 07:41 PM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Now that you think about it rygen may have had a point. You already do have a real nice 6 vert so you could save the money you have and buy like a shelby or a boss edition that would make alittle bit more sense....No matter what you do having 2 stangs is gonna be awesome.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:18 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

keep your 4.0 get a xcharger and save for the GT by then you should save alot because the way ford does things i dont see it coming in 09
Old 09-13-2006, 08:27 PM
joshetc
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LX200

Well... you have hit on my possible other strategy that I have in mind. Once I amassed the $5500 for the XCharger, I was going to have to look hard in the mirror, and decide whether I would really do this, or use that money to put down on a 2008/9 GT Vert, and then make my current GT vert my daily drive in 2008/9.

It's complicated by the fact that the fun weekend car has to be a vert.... both because I like it, and the wife digs it totally. So getting the red '06 stick now, it would have to be the daily driver. The wife would not want the vert getting all used up and dirty/messy etc.

The constraint is this... I must have a vert as the weekend fun car, so that can be done several ways

1. Buy this red car as daily, keep vert as weekender, have money to do XCharger
2. Don't buy red car now, keep vert as weekender but DON'T put XCharger on, get GT (or better) vert later, then use current vert as daily
3. Don't buy red car now, keep vert as weekender, DO put the Xcharger on, then later buy a GT COUPE as daily driver... but this seems dumb, why have a GT as the daily driver?
4. Don't buy red car, keep vert as weekender, DO add Xcharger, buy Chrysler 300 with hemi in 2008/9 as luxury cruise-mobile

Right now, I am leaning toward 4. I end up with a fast vert as my weekender (which was always the intention), and then get a Chrysler 300 Hemi, which will be a kick as daily luxury-mobile.

But damn... a GT vert with current car as daily sounds good too...

I think number 1 has passed... I want options later, and with an XCharger, 3.73 rear and TLok, my Mustang will eat GT's.

DAMN. Why couldn't it be a red GT for $18,999.

The other wildcard in all this is stop buying new cars..... I have owned 9 cars, ALL bought new. I have never bought used, but it seems like a real sensible thing to do. Heck, for $19,000 I could probably get an '05 GT Coupe with like 25000 miles....
Hands down I would wait it out and see about doing option #2, or get a boss like rygen said. I would love to wait but I don't know if I can be patient enough. Anyone know if the boss will come in a vert? I'm in the same boat as you on that one, if my next car isn't a vert my GF will kill me.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:39 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Ya, it's amazing how the women dig Mustang convertibles. Even the 65 year old woman across the street goes nuts every time she sees my car.... "I want that car... I want that car.....". Now she is ragging her husband to get one, but they just bought a Chrysler Sebring (non vert) last year, so he says no way.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:08 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Thats like the same car I got in April and I payed 18000 for a car with 7000 miles on it. I dont have the pony package or the IUP cause I didnt really get to pick. Got it at a dealer auction for 16500 and with all the extras it came to about 18. I say go for it cause its a 5-speed and I love mine Way more fun then the auto I test drove.

Quick Reply: Tempted to buy another Stang...