Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

riced out mustang=funny night

Old 09-14-2006, 01:56 PM
DRWS10
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: riced out mustang=funny night

Thats great, this story deff made my day!! I love when dumbasses like that get pulled over!!! Smart move man!!! LOVE IT!!!

He was obviously very jealous of you, i mean come on who wouldnt be, just look at our cars!!!
Old 09-14-2006, 03:17 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: omer333

Go tell this story on the Fox Body Forum. See what those guys say.
i know i know, people have pushed them to like 500rwp and can get them into the 1/4 in like 10.something, but stock for stock, there is no way they are as fast as us (especially if we are faster than the sn95s). there is a possibility that myabe the guy had the v4 version (its a v4, not a 6 right?) and slapped 5.0 badges on it
Old 09-14-2006, 03:25 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

i know i know, people have pushed them to like 500rwp and can get them into the 1/4 in like 10.something, but stock for stock, there is no way they are as fast as us (especially if we are faster than the sn95s). there is a possibility that myabe the guy had the v4 version (its a v4, not a 6 right?) and slapped 5.0 badges on it
For the fox body style, there were three main models. A LX 4 banger, a LX 5.0 (this is what I had) and a GT 5.0. The LX 5.0 was great because it was lighter than the GT, and the preferred starting point for a track car (well by most at least).

Bolt on for bolt on, they react better to modifications than our cars do (from an ET point of view and TQ). I know a guy who has a pair of DR's, intake, reinforced frame, exhaust, LCA's, gears and tune running 12's. What hurts the Fox is the frame, not as good as the S197's and it tends to twist off the line which hurts ET's. But they are so popular as track cars, that for under $500, you can have sub-frame connectors welded into the body and completely hidden to fix this.

Also keep in mind that these cars are lighter than us. The other thing is depending on the year, they have like 4-6 cats on them, which is VERY restrictive. Just putting in a 400 dollar aftermarket exhaust kit with 2 cats makes these cars pretty damn fast.

Just some food for thought before anyone underestimates the old 5.0's.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:40 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

i had an 83 5.0 vert glx. all id had was a high flow carb, edelbrock intake manifold, and headers. ran a 14.0 at the track. and thats with the heavier vert. in lx form it would have been a 13.7 or 13.8 car.

no bolt on v6 with those few of mods can hang.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:31 PM
kalel001
2nd Gear Member

Good story. I can't believe he talked all that BS with him driving that riced out car.[sm=bicker.gif] Feel sorry for the Mustang.[sm=bangbang.gif]
Old 09-14-2006, 04:33 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

It's i-4, or inline 4 as all the cylinders sit next to each other...they also have inline 6's BTW, not all 6 cylinders are v-6's. Many cars use inline 6's nowerdays. Anyway, back to v-4's...they were used in some European cars <inclding a Ford v-4> and are still used in some import motorcycles. I don't think any production car today uses a v-4, and it's never been in a USDM car at any rate.

As far as old Fox 5.0's, i wouldn't dog em...they're as fast as us stock if you look at the numbers, and have a ton more potential. You can't say "if we beat sn95's, we can beat them" because the sn95's were a step backwards IMO. Why do you think Fox's are alot more wanted today then sn95's?

Anyway, we aren't fast. Rygen, Screamng, the other f/i guys...they are. But n/a our cars aren't, in the racing sense anyway, even modded.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:34 PM
windveilpete
2nd Gear Member

I encountered a riced out fox body this morning on the way to work. Traffic was moving slow, and there was a really nice looking S197 v6 on the road ahead of me, I kept trying to catch it to get a look... (Do you guys catch yourself doing that too?)

Lo and Behold!! in the left lane is a teal blue fox body, from a distance, I thought it had a spoiler, but I couldn't tell... when I got closer, I figured out why, it was the same height as the roof... he had dual exhaust sticking out of his rear bumper, and those euro style tail lights... Well I get behind him, and he punches it, so I follow suit, and pull on him pretty good, when I pass, he looks over and grins HUGE, and gives a thumbs up. Nice guy. I felt bad for thinking his car was ugly, because he obviously loves how it looks, and it sounded pretty good. It was cool to feel the love from another mustang driver, even if it wasn't exactly my style.

I hate it when bad cars happen to good people. To each his own I guess, at least it wasn't a honda civic with lambo doors or something.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:52 PM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

haha, I just have to post this because it was sooooo funny.

This thing was soooo riced, it has 2 fart cans, their entire back panel was a chrome light, he has a duble layer wing, and it had steel plate slash guards (I could only see the back because I was behind him). Obviously, at the next light I had to pull beside him to get a look at the rest of the car. It has a funky kit, and chrome hub cap looking rims on it too.
Oh red and blue lights were never so beautiful....

LMAO!
That cop car routine was GREAT!!!!!!

I currently drive a 92 Caprice, cop car white, cop car wheels, cop car lights in the back window etc....
I have a blast driving this car because I can get on a highway head for the left lane and the other cars just peel away!
I usually have a line of cars behind me, especially at night because they can't figure out if I'm a cop or not and are afraid to pass me.

One great trick I have for getting the best of tail-gaters is to wait for some kind of debris in the road (on the Long Island Expressway this is a common thing) and wait until the very last second before swerving around it.
The other driver can't react quick enough and bammmm.....

One time there was a smashed up boxspring in the road that had evidently fallen off the roof of some poor souls car.
I had some idiot in a Hyndai right on my bumper despite my going well over the speed limit...
Bottom line was, there were springs flying everywhere as he hit the thing.
It was like a Bugs Bunny cartoon!
I'm pretty sure he probably ripped up the underside of his car pretty bad because he didn't catch up to me.

Oh, BTW you haven't lived till you seen a riced out Caprice!!
They are ugly as sin to begin with, but when lowered and riced out it's hysterical!!
I've seen a couple of them.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:59 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

I was actually talking about the guy being a jack-@$$, not how much potential the Fox-Body has.

Don't get me started about how I feel about Fox cars, I've said enough about my distaste for them, when it usually boils down to most of the owners of the Fox.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:40 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mustangmaster

Yeah, that comment might just be jealousy. The 05'-07' Mustang is the best looking Ford ever produced.
Ya know.. you are actually right on this... I was never so bold as to think it, but while the old Stangs are nice, the '05-up's are nicer, and nothing compares to a stang, so... our Stangs are the nicest looking cars ever produced by ford.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: riced out mustang=funny night