Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Thinkin' of dropping our 4.0L for a GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 06:38 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Default Thinkin' of dropping our 4.0L for a GT

Yes, I realize that I am one of the 4.0L section moderators, but my local dealer has a sweet left-over 2006 GT deluxe coupe sitting on their lot. It is Tungsten, with charcoal leather interior. I haven't crunched numbers with the salesman yet. But I have a question -

How much should I be able to get a GT for in relation to dealer invoice? I can work up dealer invoice on Edmunds, but the car is a left-over and I'm wondering if I can get it any cheaper than invoice. Your input would be appreciated.

Oh BTW, we would be getting rid of our 4.0L Explorer to get the GT. You guys didn't think I'd part with my beloved V6 ragtop, did you? The wife's lease on the Explorer is almost up, and I'm thinking rather than buy it out, I'd put her into a leftover GT (plus, I would get to drive it too).

Bill Jr.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:58 PM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Thinkin' of dropping our 4.0L for a GT

That's cool man...and cool for your wife too think about it....My wife said hell no because we want kids soooooon [&o]
Old 09-18-2006, 06:58 PM
kalel001
2nd Gear Member

How come you are a section moderator and only have 718 posts?
Old 09-18-2006, 06:59 PM
kalel001
2nd Gear Member

About the mustang, my advice would be go for it. What is sweeter that two Mustangs.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:06 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

kalel001 Date 9/18/2006 4:58:17 PM
Because I'm young and chose my words wisely! [8D] Actually, I fooled the Admins into thinking that I would do a good job in here (shhhh, they're not on to me yet)

Actually, if we do this on the GT, then that'll be 3 Mustangs in the garage (oh shoot, only two can fit at one time). I guess my ragtop will again have to sit outside for the winter, because the wife needs to have one space in the garage. I had been thinking of just turning in her Explorer, giving her the 4.0L ragtop, and making the '66 coupe my daily ride for a while, but I don't cherish the idea of driving that all winter.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Man go for it that will be awesome to have three stangs!! We used to have two stangs but had to trade one in for a bigger car (expedition).
Old 09-18-2006, 08:03 PM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

The only thing i can say is push your salesman to agree to YOUR price. You can get it cheaper then what they are asking for just because its left over. When i went in my excuse was that i couldnt make the payments because the car was to high in price. They lowered it to my price...but i wasnt able to come up with a good enough down payment. So be ready to come up with a down payment.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:27 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kalel001

not everyone is a post *****.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:54 PM
SparkYZ
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Horrific_Ending

The only thing i can say is push your salesman to agree to YOUR price. You can get it cheaper then what they are asking for just because its left over. When i went in my excuse was that i couldnt make the payments because the car was to high in price. They lowered it to my price...but i wasnt able to come up with a good enough down payment. So be ready to come up with a down payment.
Not to be a jerk, but part of the game is to never mention monthly payments.. Once you tell them what you wanna pay per month, they can hose you with interest..
Best thing to do, learned this from my dad (Hey, he knocked off 3 grand off my Stang when it was brand new, and got his 4x4 XLT 2005 F150 for 9 thousand below sticker!) Just say "What is the lowest you'll go on the vehicle"..If they start talking of monthly payments, just say "we arent at that stage yet"
Come in with a price in your head and dont get it till you get that price...If all else fails say " *Insert other dealership here* gave me a better deal than that" and walk away...They will never let you leave..

This is car buying advice for all of you..

Remember....They WILL NOT sell a car unless they make money on it. You'll be suprised how far they will go. Also go on the 30th or 31st of any month, because they are trying to meet their quotas.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:40 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

ditto... I was looking at buying an 04 ponypackage and i went in with 17 at the dealer, and he was like yeh well i can go to like 17,800 and im like nope and kept bargaining. Then later on the 30th of september he calls me up and says we can have the car for that price.however i had already gotten another car.--> 04 v6 with 1000 under invoice minus the 2000 dollar rebate (all over the phone)

find the car you want tell them your price you will get it

i paid 17 for my 05 in april of 06 23655 on sticker and 1.9 for 60 tax and everything included..no payments for 45 days

O yeh..why dont u get the gt and have your wife drive the convertible

Quick Reply: Thinkin' of dropping our 4.0L for a GT