Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

V6'ers dropping like flies?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 01:10 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: V6'ers dropping like flies?

ORIGINAL: stratjakt

I'd consider a trade up if the dealers stop marking new GT's over MSRP, and used ones way over blue book.

They go like nuts here, I see nothing but GT's on the road. I'm the only v6 around. An old guy in a nice blue GT came up to me in the parking lot, wanting to know where I got my grille. He got a really stupid look on his face when I told him that's what the base model looks like.

There's a lot of money around here, and a whole lot of showing-off and one-upsmanship. Everybody is driving benzes and bimmers and porsches, and I saw a ferarri brokend down on the side of the highway last friday. I see vipers and prowlers every day. GT's and Vette's are like civics.

It all makes me like my v6 more because it's different, I haven't seen another one like it yet. And, I got my car 5 grand under blue book, because they couldn't move it off the lot.

I'll drive it until the wheels fall out, the frame rots apart, or the engine a-splodes, which were the fates of my three previous cars.
Were you do you live? You just described my area. I'm in the DC metro area.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:42 AM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

well, one reason I havent been posting that frequently is because college started. So, maybe a lot of the youngsters are not being as active on this forum as they were in the summer....
Old 09-19-2006, 02:10 AM
Jeremy
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hataap

well, one reason I havent been posting that frequently is because college started. So, maybe a lot of the youngsters are not being as active on this forum as they were in the summer....
True, college is taking alot of my time too.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:30 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

my ***** are plenty big! i may be busy but im not going anywhere

busy busy busy but hey i got some lights now!

[IMG]local://upfiles/14019/3E4D066B6D304D50804A075D8A2308A6.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-19-2006, 02:46 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

ON lots of forum you see the swing of lots of post and no posts at all. The number of GT is alot lower that the V6, GT's make up only like 33% of Stangs sold.

What's scary (for me at least) is the idea that these n00bs will be lookin' at us old-timers for sage advice and wisdom. I only LOOK like I know what I'm doing - it's all smoke and mirrors and I'm just throwin' logs on the fire!!
I hear ya bro, I have no clue what I'm talking about...like right now what was I saying......
Old 09-19-2006, 02:50 AM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

Actually Mustang Forums seems to have one of the more prolific V6 groups. [sm=smiley1.gif]
Old 09-19-2006, 03:08 AM
chuckcsf
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Horrific_Ending

Is this part of the forum going to die? it seems like A LOT of people are trading in their v6's for GT's. Dont get me wrong i want a GT as bad as the next guy and i almost got one. But it seems like everytime i come on here there are less and less threads in this sections. kinda depressing.
Just like what everyone said, dealers sold a lot of V6. If there really are a lot of GT's out there, maybe its time to put in some serious modifications and race stock GT's for pinks???
Old 09-19-2006, 09:10 AM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

I bought my V6 Mustang brand new 3 weeks ago. Ford was offering 0% financing for up to 6 years on 06' models. I didn't even look at any V8s because I knew I'd be putting my foot in it more, would eat more gas, insurance would cost more and they all cost 4000.00 or more over the V6. I'm very happy with this V6 and have no desire to go V8.
Robert
Old 09-19-2006, 01:35 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

Personal life can get in the way of interweb stuff...

I was telling my girlfriend I was glad she helped me decide to keep my V6, I'm glad I didn't try to trade it in.

Well, the second job is taking up a lot of my time, that and I squeeze in time to hang out with my girlfriend. So yeah, personal life...

Oh yeah, afixer, the house is looking great!
Old 09-19-2006, 01:39 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

The real issue is this; probably 20% of GT owners frequent boards like this, and probably 3% of V6 owners do. Over the 7 months I have owned my 6'er, I have met and talked with about 25 V6 owners (many at small local car shows). Of the 25, I believe 2 had tuned their car, and another 2 had "heard" you could tune the car. 20 or 21 of them had no idea what I was talking about, but were into pimping the look of their car. One woman had $3500 worth of apperance stuff done (Cervani's stuff) and had no idea what tuning the car was about.

Quick Reply: V6'ers dropping like flies?