Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hitting Cecil County Dragway this Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 09:47 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Default RE: Hitting Cecil County Dragway this Sat 9.23.06

rygenstormlocke

I'll be arriving around 9AM.
Me too! I may have two drivers for my car [sm=chattypair.gif]
Old 09-21-2006, 02:31 AM
fitbikeco
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Hitting Mason Dixon Dragway this Sunday 9.24.2006

ORIGINAL: stratjakt

I'll come just to watch and check out the mods on the other cars, and because i probably have nothing else to do. I should be painting my house.

Maybe I'll run it but I'd need some tips, since I've never seen a drag strip. Will they let you run a vert? It'd be fun to see what my car can do, versus what it could do.

Rising Sun is on the border with PA northeast of Bel Air, right?

yes yes come and race and i dont think your car is fast enough to need a rollbar so you should be good
me and rygen will show you the ropes
Old 09-21-2006, 06:27 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

By my count, that's at least four 4.0L's who will be there this Saturday, with a few maybe's as well. There could be others I don't know about. Should be a whole lotta fun!
Old 09-21-2006, 09:38 PM
fitbikeco
3rd Gear Member

ya baby lets do it up i cant wait to go i really wanna get away for the weekend and do some sweet racin
Old 09-21-2006, 09:40 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fitbikeco

ya baby lets do it up i cant wait to go i really wanna get away for the weekend and do some sweet racin
What have we done....we created a real junkie. LOL.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:43 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Hitting Cecil County Dragway this Saturday

Rygen I forgot about this I was going to post it another thread for you but since I seen this one thought I would post it here check this link out for figuring your final gear ratio per tire size.

Tire gear calculator - nice calculator

Ok when you get to the site it is already set for a Mustang 05 orignal tire size on the left side leave the orignal wheel size data there don't change it go to the gear selection and pick 373, then input under new wheel the size your now running which is a 16 wheel x 275 width x 27.9 (28'") tall, your gear ratio will now be a 3.63. You could play around with the settings under new wheel and see how it affects the gear ratio by going to 29" tall tire your gear would be 3.50 or change rim size to 17 etc.

http://www.speedshoppro.com/GearCalc...alculator.html

Good luck this weekend.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:35 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TJ

Rygen I forgot about this I was going to post it another thread for you but since I seen this one thought I would post it here check this link out for figuring your final gear ratio per tire size.

Ok when you get to the site it is already set for a Mustang 05 orignal tire size on the left side leave the orignal wheel size data there don't change it go to the gear selection and pick 373, then input under new wheel the size your now running which is a 16 wheel x 275 width x 27.9 (28'") tall, your gear ratio will now be a 3.63. You could play around with the settings under new wheel and see how it affects the gear ratio by going to 29" tall tire your gear would be 3.50 or change rim size to 17 etc.

Good luck this weekend.
Dude, what a great link man!!!! This is so damn cool. So I am close to the optimal gear reatio PH reccomended to me, which was 3.55's. Kick ***!!!

I'll keep you posted.

Old 09-21-2006, 11:43 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

i wish i was close enough to come out and run with you guys >_<
Old 09-21-2006, 11:55 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

The CCD website says that gates open Sat at 8am, but when I called today the message said that they open Sat at 9am. I will be there by 9am. The number coming is still going up. [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 09-22-2006, 12:06 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: TJ

Good luck this weekend.
Dude, what a great link man!!!! This is so damn cool. So I am close to the optimal gear reatio PH reccomended to me, which was 3.55's. Kick ***!!!

I'll keep you posted.

I thought that is one the best calculator for tire gear ratio I have seen.

Its good to hear your close to the 3.55 but question didn't Mike also recommend 3.31’s and possibly 2.90’s awhile ago for his turbo if I remember correctly?

The deal is with turbos from what I know is the shorter gears work better and since your closer to a 3.55 than a 3.73 with your DR’s that is good.

Quick Reply: Hitting Cecil County Dragway this Saturday