Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hitting Cecil County Dragway this Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 01:21 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default Hitting Cecil County Dragway this Saturday

Time to see how Stella likes the new modificaitons. If any of you are in the area, TNT starts early, but we're looking to be there at 9am. Here is the information on the track:

http://www.cecilcountydragway.com/schedule.shtml

See you in the pits or staging lanes!

EDIT: revised info to keep it on CCD - 28hopup
Old 09-20-2006, 03:40 PM
fitbikeco
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Hitting Mason Dixon Dragway this Sunday 9.24.2006

so i take it were not hitting mason dixon this sun ****!!!
Old 09-20-2006, 03:53 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Actually, I'm thinking I'm going to wait till next weekend and hit MD on Sunday, Oct 1. My reasoning is I ran 12's at MD, and I want to measure the improvement of my latest mods at the same track. Sure conditions wont be exact, but it will be still be closer than changing tracks/elevation.

This is also good for Ranebowcyxx, Ex13 and Fitbikeco as they got baseline runs from this track as well.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:10 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Default RE: Hitting Cecil County Dragway this Sat 9.23.06

4.0L Test & Tune @ Cecil County Dragway on Sat. 9/23/2006

If there are any 4.0L members (shoot even our 4.6L freinds too) in the greater Philly, Balt., DC area, please try to come out to the track this Saturday. As noted above, the date and location have changed from Hagerstown, MD to Rising Sun, MD, and will be on Saturday, not Sunday.

Cecil County Dragway is a 1/4 mile track located a few minutes off I-95, near the Maryland/Delaware Border (the Mason-Dixon Line, actually). It's less than 1 hour from Philly and Baltimore. The weather should be good on Saturday too, according to local news. Everyone from the forum who can make it this Saturday should come. If you are interested in coming, please post a response here.

Todd, what time are you planning to get there? It's only 30 minutes from my house, so I can get there anytime.

Bill Jr.
28hopup

Old 09-20-2006, 05:16 PM
fitbikeco
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Actually, I'm thinking I'm going to wait till next weekend and hit MD on Sunday, Oct 1. My reasoning is I ran 12's at MD, and I want to measure the improvement of my latest mods at the same track. Sure conditions wont be exact, but it will be still be closer than changing tracks/elevation.

This is also good for Ranebowcyxx, Ex13 and Fitbikeco as they got baseline runs from this track as well.

haha ya man i know what you mean
and you dont have to tell me you ran 12s i saw it with my own eyes eventhough my brain could not believe it
Old 09-20-2006, 05:25 PM
stratjakt
2nd Gear Member

I'll come just to watch and check out the mods on the other cars, and because i probably have nothing else to do. I should be painting my house.

Maybe I'll run it but I'd need some tips, since I've never seen a drag strip. Will they let you run a vert? It'd be fun to see what my car can do, versus what it could do.

Rising Sun is on the border with PA northeast of Bel Air, right?
Old 09-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

this is pretty random but i had a tryout for the new york mets class a affiliate hagerstown suns a few months ago, lol... I didnt know there was anything in that town.
ORIGINAL: 28hopup

If there are any 4.0L members (shoot even our 4.6L freinds too) in the greater Philly, Balt., DC area, please try to come out to the track this Saturday. As noted above, the date and location have changed from Hagerstown, MD to Rising Sun, MD, and will be on Saturday, not Sunday.

Cecil County Dragway is a 1/4 mile track located a few minutes off I-95, near the Maryland/Delaware Border (the Mason-Dixon Line, actually). It's less than 1 hour from Philly and Baltimore. The weather should be good on Saturday too, according to local news. Everyone from the forum who can make it this Saturday should come. If you are interested in coming, please post a response here.

Todd, what time are you planning to get there? It's only 30 minutes from my house, so I can get there anytime.

Bill Jr.
28hopup

Old 09-20-2006, 05:32 PM
stratjakt
2nd Gear Member

Hagerstown has a place called coinopwarehouse, which is a really cool two story warehouse full of old pinballs, jukeboxes, and arcade machines. The guy sold off most of his inventory planning to move, though, and is only open by appointment now.. I got a neo geo 2-slot "gold cab", a playchoice 10, a 25" cobra command, and a really nice (but gutted) time pilots cocktail. Really nice guy. How's that for a non-sequiter?

I have a friend who wrestles professionaly in the PA/MD/NY circuits, and wrestles in Hagerstown some times. There's some good bars up there too.

It's a cool ride up from Annapolis, twisty turny through the mountains. Was looking forward to riding up there in my pony.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:28 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Turns out I am hitting CCD this weekend, and hitting MDD next weekend. So any of you that come out, see you at either track!
Old 09-20-2006, 07:08 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 28hopup

Bill Jr.
28hopup

I'll be arriving around 9AM.

Quick Reply: Hitting Cecil County Dragway this Saturday