Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Alternative Auto vs Bamachips

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 02:31 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Alternative Auto vs Bamachips

ORIGINAL: TJ

Or this could be the shop manager trying to drum up business, and this really isn't Fred....and then Fred would see these posts and **** a brick! Thats always a possibility.
Bingo!!!

IMO this doesn't sound like Fred to me from the post I have read by him.
Yea, I mean, I never met a tuner who would talk smack about another tuner....ever! And I have spoken to all of them except Brenspeed. Look at his last 3-5 posts, they all have this feel to them. Sounds like a marketing person that is off thier meds!! ROFL.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:37 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

While it's nice that you have a GT500, most of us here probably will never own one... or at least not in the near future... Look at Powerhouse or Paul's High Peformance... Both shops have amazing 4.0L cars! I think most of us here can relate more to a fast V6 than a GT500... These guys have built some amazing S197 V6's... And you brag about having over 60 hours of dyno time on the V6... heck, I think Lidio and I have close to 60 hours on my car alone! LOL! I can't even imagine how many hours he has on his GT...
Very good point John. While I love keeping up with Evolutions efforts on the GT500, its not a bragging point worth much value in this section. How does tuning that car help the 4.0 guys get some performance out of thier cars.

And yea, funny point on the tuning time, I know Excessive has put in well over 60 hours on my car alone as well. I can see your point about Lideo on yours, very true statment. Hell, I wonder how much time MRT put in on your Vortech, or PH on the turbo. And look at Justin, he dyno's and tunes every part he can get his hands on. He's gotta be blowing the doors off of hours on the dyno on the 4.0. And Doug, hes been tuning Rangers for years! Wow, this one really got me thinking......good point!
Old 09-24-2006, 11:51 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

You have a fast GT500... as a V6 owner I say "SO WHAT"... it doesn't relate to me... I have a V6.... You have a fast GT... again... I HAVE A V6.... You want to come in here and brag about your tunes then show me you have the fastest 4.0L because I really don't car about your non-4.0L cars... otherwise I would tell you about Lidio's 9 second 1988 LX Notchback steet car... or his 10 second Mach 1... or his 11 second Marauder... LOL!
I really try to stay out of things like this that is going on ( unless I feel I have to) but man was this a good post or what??

Old 09-24-2006, 12:16 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Rygen says...

"Or this could be the shop manager trying to drum up business, and this really isn't Fred....and then Fred would see these posts and **** a brick! Thats always a possibility. "

Humm... I wonder... this could be true. If you look before this latest episode, Fred virtually never posted. Even if you asked a question in the Evolution section, he did not answer. When I talked to him about getting a decent web site up, he sounded like he was not a big fan of sitting at the computer...

Now all of a sudden, we get TONS of messages, all very hard core marketing....

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter.... whoever it is, they're posting as Evolution, so Evo must take responsibility for this.

I think this forum has gone out of it's way to keep away from the "my tuner is better than your tuner" B.S..... so we don't need one of the tuners stoking the flames, and taking on other endorsing sponsors.

I might give Fred a call tomorrow, and suggest this is counter-productive for the forum and for his business in the end.

I have been a vocal supporter of Evo, because I believe my tunes from them are great. He always takes time to talk on the phone, and I'll keep buying from him. But this stuff is NOT going to go anywhere constructive for MF or Evo.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:26 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Thanks LX! Your post is spot on. Thanks for taking the time and effort to sort this one out.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:49 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

He just doesn't post a lot in the V6 forums but he does post more in the GT forums I have read a number of his post there.