Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Finally some pictures (56k warning)

Old 09-24-2006, 08:43 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Default Finally some pictures (56k warning)

Well i just got back from the queen mary show an di had to take some pics of my stang there. Yes the vortech is back i had it installed pro instead of by myself and it seems better but i have to get it dyno tuned or something i dunno. Anyways while i was there i fell in love with a car. I have never really liked a gt stang until now. Long story short either tommorrow or tuesday the black gt in these pics will be parked next to my 4.0

And this is the gt

i got some mor epictures from the show but they werent very good the cars were so close together hard to get a good angle
Old 09-24-2006, 08:48 PM
fitbikeco
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Finally some pictures (56k warning)

is the vortech really quiet when your driving or is there a sweet whine? if not is there a wine with the procharger
i got some serious plans for next summer and this info will influence my decisions
ps sweet car man i love it
and that gt is off the hook man i wish i could have both
Old 09-24-2006, 08:50 PM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

wow the gt looks sick. The v6 is a nice sleeper. Nice and plain but will kick your a$$ if you try to run up on it. Hey is that a boss hood scoop on the gt? and is that the legend spoiler?
Old 09-24-2006, 08:51 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

the vortech is pretty damn loud. at idle its loud and when i have to cruise through my neighborhood at low speed around 1800 rpms is like someone is using a whistle and lbowin gas hardas they can. When it spools up at like 3k rpm its pretty loud too but then after that it just gets droned out by the engine. The procharger is loud too but i have to say this vortech is way louder. Alot of people say the procharger is louder but not in my case o_O

edit: reread your post fit while your just normal driving you can only hear it up to about 2k rpm than it goes away comes back at 3k rpm and then goes away again. The procharger wine seemed to stay a bit longer but i think if you do free way driving or something you wont hear either one while driving
Old 09-24-2006, 08:52 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

i dont really remember what it was but under the sticker it said some body kit. Im heading to the dealership tommorrow. Thanks for the compliments guys
Old 09-25-2006, 02:30 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Did any other MF'ers show up?
What are the details on the GT? Auto, manny?
Old 09-25-2006, 02:41 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

its an auto but they said the could change it to a manual. Supposed to be 45k but he said i can get it for 40 ill probably talk it to 37k which they should do because ima pay for it in full. I doubt ill get them to change it to manual though i don treally trust that. I saw one mfer a gt white with a silver stripe and ducktail spoiler hoodscoop dont remember who it was but he wa spart of the show. His car was way nice
Old 09-25-2006, 06:35 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

i took a couple clips of driving aroudn with the sc for you fitbikeco i have to put them together as one video when i get home
Old 09-25-2006, 07:06 PM
fitbikeco
3rd Gear Member

thanks man i cant wait to hear them
Old 09-25-2006, 11:05 PM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

the vortech is pretty damn loud. at idle its loud and when i have to cruise through my neighborhood at low speed around 1800 rpms is like someone is using a whistle and lbowin gas hardas they can. When it spools up at like 3k rpm its pretty loud too but then after that it just gets droned out by the engine. The procharger is loud too but i have to say this vortech is way louder. Alot of people say the procharger is louder but not in my case o_O

edit: reread your post fit while your just normal driving you can only hear it up to about 2k rpm than it goes away comes back at 3k rpm and then goes away again. The procharger wine seemed to stay a bit longer but i think if you do free way driving or something you wont hear either one while driving
You are one of the first people I have ever talked to that has a Vortech that didn't bash ProCharger... that's badass! I'm still deciding between the two. If you could I would like to see your Dyno results once you get them. I also want my supercharger to be loud... I want to hear it and I want other people to hear it LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally some pictures (56k warning)