I'm Going V6 !!! - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I'm Going V6 !!!

Old 09-25-2006, 01:12 AM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: I'm Going V6 !!!

well, idk about them screwing up on stangs... the fox bodys looked pretty nice to me... and the last generation looked pretty good 2... i never really got into the 94- 98's tho... they looked odd 2 me although id drive 1 still, lol.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:14 AM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

I've seen Fox body mentioned before. What year were those?
Old 09-25-2006, 01:14 AM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

Well, "decided.steve" [sm=welcomesign.gif] I hope you have as much fun with your Mustang as I have with mine.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:16 AM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mustangmaster

So what color do you want? Screaming yellow? What's your preference on interior? Cloth or leather? What color? If you get a Shaker 1000 audio it will take up half of your trunk space. Something to consider. A V6 will give you better gas mileage. I'm averaging 25 right now on mine. Insurance will be less costly. Just as good as a V8, only difference is the speed/power. Best looking car on the road in my opinion. Mustangs 05,06,07 done right after many years of screwing it up.

Robert
Actually as an audiophile, I have my own recording studio the Shaker 500 sounds fine to me.
I have a Pioneer/Infinity system in my Caprice fwiw.

I'm going leather.
More than likely parchement to be different.

I got 26mpg with the Hertz 06 vert and I was driving it like a maniac!!!

Insurance for me between a v6 and gt is about $40.00 per year.
I'm an old fart.
Before you get jealous, I pay a HECK of a life/medical insurance premium

We are looking at Vista, white stripes or grabber orange white stripes or yellow with blue stripes.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:17 AM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

Wonder why that is? Maybe insurance companies think only over 40 somethings buy convertibles? Twenty somethings usually can't afford those. By the way, a year ago I was browsing Mustangs and a salesman didn't recommend that I buy a convertible. He said a friend of his had one, had the doors locked and had a CD sitting on the back seat. Some bum walked by and wanted to steal the CD, couldn't get in so he took a knife and slashed the top, reached in to steal the CD. Some salesman huh?
Old 09-25-2006, 01:22 AM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

Shoot, I'm 45. Owned a 67 Mustang when I was 16. Traded it in on a van when I got married and had kids. I'm divorced now, kids are grown and I'VE GOT A 2006 MUSTANG NOW. Woohoo. Drove it 400 miles this weekend. Only had it 3 weeks. Was a demo model with almost 800 miles when I bought it. 2570 miles now. Changed my oil today for 1st time. Hope you enjoy yours like I do mine.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:23 AM
BigFloppy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mustangmaster
Wonder why that is? Maybe insurance companies think only over 40 somethings buy convertibles?
U caling me an "old fart"..?

Nah... nothin to do with Age (well, maybe 4 months difference)... I had a new 05 Fastback that got "lemoned"... THEN I managed to pick up an 05 Vert, same dealer, same specs AND the vert was *MUCH* cheaper on the insurance... $300/year.

The only thing we could put it down to is that the vert is heavier than the fastback???

Who knew?
Old 09-25-2006, 02:22 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Your story mirrors mine exactly... I'm 48, and went shopping for yet another minivan/SUV. Well, after looking at Explorers, I saw my Mustang on the showroom floor. It was LOADED with everything ($31,000 sticker) and I got it as a leftover for $24000.

It is MORE than fast enough. With the CAI, tune and muffler, it's probably about 230/235 HP at the flywheel, and 255 torque at 3500 RPM. It's the fastest car I have owned, and much faster than my previous fast car, my '86 5.0L V8 Thunderbird. I thought that was a beast, and this car is 1.5 seconds faster 0-60.

Hope you are getting the vert....
Old 09-25-2006, 02:22 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

excellent
Old 09-25-2006, 02:32 AM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: undecided.steve

Actually as an audiophile, I have my own recording studio the Shaker 500 sounds fine to me.
I have a Pioneer/Infinity system in my Caprice fwiw.

We are looking at Vista, white stripes or grabber orange white stripes or yellow with blue stripes.
I've got the Shaker 1000 and had heard all kinds of stories about it skipping but mostly with MP3 files and I run either store bought CDs or ones I've burned from the originals (not MP3). Mine performed fine until I took I made a 1000 mile straight through run. Around the 700 mile mark it started skipping. I figure it's a heat issue. Seems to be ok now, but haven't done any all day and half the night drives since. I'm planning on swapping it out for a system that will, without an adaptor, let me attach my iPod. It'll save me toting around all those CDs and from what I've heard sound a lot better then the S1000.

WRT a yellow Mustang, unfortunately it seems screaming yellow has been discontinued. But the grabber orange looks interesting

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.