Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Billet Grill stolen at dodger game!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 08:09 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Default RE: Billet Grill stolen at dodger game!

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

As for as for L.A. sucking.....I think every major large city have areas that "suck"....where do you live? I'm sure there's areas you wouldn't want to frequent. Sevalley, why did you park your hot Mustang in such a high risk area? $10 for parking is much cheaper than a grille replacement IMO. Goes to show human nature is sometimes very unlikeable. That sucks, I only live about 4 miles from where your stuff got ripped off....
Yeah Pimp my Ride is a local(SoCal) filmed show...so is OverHaul'in(They've done a few shows outside LA, maybe 2 or 3). Did you know that on Pimp my Ride that the lucky contestant doesn't get to keep all the electronic equipment? I ran into a girl that had her '67 Mustang "pimped" and she said that MTV takes all the goodies(stereos, DVD systems, GPS, and other "trick" electronics they install on the show) They(the contestants) get to keep the wheels, interior work(seats, steering wheel) and body mods/paint......what jerks(MTV). At least MTV isn't L.A. based....
Wow, I did not know that...that sucks!

As for L.A. L.A. sucks for many reason...if it's not crime, it's traffic, if it's not traffic, it's the smog, if it's not smog...well...it's one of the other two. That's like NW Phoenix [:'(] All three... Thankfully I never have to drive over to that side of the valley..BOI
Old 09-25-2006, 08:48 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

dude i would be so excited if i had a pos and got to go on pimp my ride! those guys just basically won the 30,000 dollar lottory. I would just sell that **** for 10 times what i bought it for. I think that's why those people get so excited, i mean some of them have like huge lcd screens in the back and stuff and you could sell those screens alone for 1k.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:04 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sevalley

No doubt $10 parking is cheaper than a new grill! I usually park outside because dodger stadium has the worst traffic situation ever. If you park you car in the lot and then leave the game in the 9th inning, you will spend about 45-90 minutes moving 1mph trying to get out of that lot, so parking outside on a saturday night game is the difference between being out of there before 11 or at midnight. I hate LA traffic! I may use this theft as an excuse to save up and get a new gt or aftermarket front bumper. I got tickets to dodger playoffs this morning. Ill make my brother drive his scion next time we park there! go dodgers!!
you just don't know where to park.

i went to saturday's game and was out in 10 minutes, the game before that i was out in 15.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:38 PM
stratjakt
2nd Gear Member

dude i would be so excited if i had a pos and got to go on pimp my ride! those guys just basically won the 30,000 dollar lottory. I would just sell that **** for 10 times what i bought it for. I think that's why those people get so excited, i mean some of them have like huge lcd screens in the back and stuff and you could sell those screens alone for 1k.
How much is your dignity worth? I'd never be able to look at myself in the mirror again. Everybody I meet would be "hey you're the guy who had the rusted out corolla, and now it's got rhinestone lug nuts and 21" chrome rims, and you think it looks better?"

I like that show for a laugh, the cars really do look worse at the end, IMO. The amount of cash spent to make them look worse is the punchline.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:13 PM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

you mean go padres? lol see ya in the playoffs.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:51 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

first off that SUCKS!!!...second i happen to have a bottom billet insert that i got on ebay but would not work withmy pony package bottom. as a result it is sitting in my living room. never installed. (on the pony package the bottom insert plastic piece has a gap in the middle, the regular v6 does not, thus the middle mounts would work with your ride.(if it isnt a pony package) here is the link to the item: i dont have the link in "my ebay" anymore....but the seller i got it from has one listed.....mind you it will work on the regular v6 bottom not the pony package....if you have the regular v6 i would be happy to sell you the on i have....again it is brand new and never been used......it cost me around 70 bucks with shipping, but i would to sell it to you for less than he has it listed, as i have no use for it onmycar and it is taking up space in my pad....also i live in l.a. so perhaps i could just meet you somwhere and we wouldnt have to ship it thus you save $$$$. id be happy to sell it to you for like 25-30 bucks....my loss is your gain....let me know.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...02698306QQrdZ1

phunnyguy
Old 09-26-2006, 01:01 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

as for the pimp my ride thing..here is my 2 cents as GAS does my customizing...first off their work is stellar.....i have had no problems with anything they have done, and they treat me well, while they are laittle pricey...after having done business with them i can see why...they are a class act...second...i have heard horror stories of how rude and ungrateful the poeple who get onthe show actually are...and they only remove the stuff that is not street legal from what i understand....but if you have a POS and they take the stuff out, be grateful yourn ot driving a rust bucket...i know they fix up some of the engines, and that stuff they dont take off......if it was me i wouldnt care about the other stuff..i mean really guys have you the cars theypick...they are hunks of junk...so what if they take the stereo back...you got a several thousand dollar custom paint job......rims.......etc.......sometimes i think people can be really ungrateful...it amazes me.......what gets me more is they act as though they deserve to keep that stuff........they should be thankful that they get what they get.....maybe nexttime they should pay to fix the car or better yet do the work themselves.....i btw.....IMHO most of the peeps on that show are BAD drivers.....i saw a car on that was trashed they guy was original owner and his car was like 3 or 4 yrs old.....sad really........they take you from driving an embarassing looking vehicle and make it look nice.....so what if you dont get your GPS......how many times have you gotten lost going to your server job and afternoon geology class.....give me a break....they should feel lucky not slighted.......just my 2 cents....

phunnyguy
Old 09-26-2006, 02:01 AM
Dats1NiceMustang
2nd Gear Member

I think that you saying they remove the equipment from pimp my ride is wrong info i seen a guy on t.v. one time suing someone on because they left the persons car outside during a party instead of the garage and all the stereo stuff and tv where stolen but being all the stuff was gave to him off pimp my ride the judge wouldnt give him any money for it maybe the judge show was a lie but just my 2 cents
Old 09-26-2006, 02:04 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

that is possible...either way ...wether they get to keep ALL the stuff or not....they are lucky and should be grateful

Old 09-26-2006, 01:00 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

I think your grill is being used as a BBQ grill for some local street people to cook thier rats and pigeons on! So at least it's going to good use!

Quick Reply: Billet Grill stolen at dodger game!