Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Billet Grill stolen at dodger game!

Old 09-25-2006, 06:11 PM
Sevalley
1st Gear Member

Default Billet Grill stolen at dodger game!

I attended the dodger game this saturday (when they LOST, not the sunday game where Nomar hit the grand slam walk off to win), and I parked my car as always outside the stadium on Elysian Park in ECHO PARK. Upon returning to my car and driving it home, I noticed that my lower front bumper billet grill was missing. They didnt take the large upper one, just the smaller lower one. I thought at first maybe it flew off while I was driving, but there were no marks whatsoever of me having bumped the front and I am sure I would have heard it fly off. The dealer had installed the grill before I bought the car, so maybe they didnt do a good job, but I believe it is held in with various screws, so I came to the conclusion that some RAT unscrewed it during the dodger game. I don't know what someone would do with just the bottom grill. Maybe they have a gt fog light kit for the front upper and wanted to only install a lower billet grill. Maybe, being the lowly RATS that they are, they wanted to take it off and use it as a bludgeoning weapon to threaten old people out of their wallets or to torture animals with, as the grill was high-quality tough metal, and not the cheap plastic chrome painted kind. If anyone has an extra grill or any information leading to the capture of the perpetrators, please let me know. I may just buy a cheap imitation off ebay, since I dont have the money to purchase another high quality one. Thanks.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:19 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Billet Grill stolen at dodger game!

that sucks man.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:28 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

wut an a$$ hole for doing that to u
Old 09-25-2006, 06:31 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Los Angeles sucks..(not the team but the city) Sorry to hear about that...

I always laugh at the Pimp My Ride show (it's filmed in L.A. and the cars are always from L.A.) . They had one recently where they did a tailgater special for this kid in his El Camino...He's a Raiders fan... I give it one game and his car will be jacked.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:39 PM
dotsonian
1st Gear Member

I hate when that stuff happens. A few years ago, I had a taillight lens stolen from my truck while I was at work. It cost me $130 to replace it.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:52 PM
tncruiser
3rd Gear Member

what about your ins. theft is uder comp and you may have a low deductable
Old 09-25-2006, 07:01 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Derf00

Los Angeles sucks..(not the team but the city) Sorry to hear about that...

I always laugh at the Pimp My Ride show (it's filmed in L.A. and the cars are always from L.A.) . They had one recently where they did a tailgater special for this kid in his El Camino...He's a Raiders fan... I give it one game and his car will be jacked.
Pimp my Ride is the most rediculous car show ever...and it's populer enough to be in like season 4. Sad. Lotta ricers out there.

"Monitors in the bumpers, yo that ****'s tight!"
Old 09-25-2006, 07:23 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

As for as for L.A. sucking.....I think every major large city have areas that "suck"....where do you live? I'm sure there's areas you wouldn't want to frequent. Sevalley, why did you park your hot Mustang in such a high risk area? $10 for parking is much cheaper than a grille replacement IMO. Goes to show human nature is sometimes very unlikeable. That sucks, I only live about 4 miles from where your stuff got ripped off....
Yeah Pimp my Ride is a local(SoCal) filmed show...so is OverHaul'in(They've done a few shows outside LA, maybe 2 or 3). Did you know that on Pimp my Ride that the lucky contestant doesn't get to keep all the electronic equipment? I ran into a girl that had her '67 Mustang "pimped" and she said that MTV takes all the goodies(stereos, DVD systems, GPS, and other "trick" electronics they install on the show) They(the contestants) get to keep the wheels, interior work(seats, steering wheel) and body mods/paint......what jerks(MTV). At least MTV isn't L.A. based....
Old 09-25-2006, 07:45 PM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

That sucks [:@]

For a while the animals in NYC were stealing front lights from Maxima's and other import cars.
A cop told me that one well placed screwdriver and the entire assembly rips right out of the nose of the car.
I used to see people driving around with holes in the front where the lights were!

Supposedly the entire assembly is very expensive.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Sevalley
1st Gear Member

No doubt $10 parking is cheaper than a new grill! I usually park outside because dodger stadium has the worst traffic situation ever. If you park you car in the lot and then leave the game in the 9th inning, you will spend about 45-90 minutes moving 1mph trying to get out of that lot, so parking outside on a saturday night game is the difference between being out of there before 11 or at midnight. I hate LA traffic! I may use this theft as an excuse to save up and get a new gt or aftermarket front bumper. I got tickets to dodger playoffs this morning. Ill make my brother drive his scion next time we park there! go dodgers!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Billet Grill stolen at dodger game!