Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

NEVER BUY XENON

Old 09-26-2006, 02:02 PM
Dats1NiceMustang
2nd Gear Member

Default NEVER BUY XENON

After the third time having my quarter window scoops painted and put on they came off again take my advice don't waste your money
Old 09-26-2006, 02:19 PM
Rogue24
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: NEVER BUY XENON

how long did they last?
Old 09-26-2006, 02:19 PM
Meph
2nd Gear Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, and probably am, but don't most of these use 3m tape? As Xenon doesn't make the tape that sticks them on it should seem that 3m would be who you should be mad at.

Also, did you put the tape on a surface that still had wax on it?

How fast do you drive?
Old 09-26-2006, 03:31 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

+1 Sounds like an adhesive problem not a part problem. Surface prep is key!
ORIGINAL: Meph

Correct me if I'm wrong, and probably am, but don't most of these use 3m tape? As Xenon doesn't make the tape that sticks them on it should seem that 3m would be who you should be mad at.

Also, did you put the tape on a surface that still had wax on it?

How fast do you drive?
Old 09-26-2006, 03:49 PM
Dats1NiceMustang
2nd Gear Member

For one thing I have done this three times............and no xenon doesn't use 3m tape I used what they gave me the first time then the other 2 times I used 3m...........also I did do the prep right I cleaned with alcohol like I susposed too..................And it is Xenons fault cause their mold sucks it wasn't the tape it was the edges would never stick because the product wouldnt curve with the body, for it being to stiff............so I finally called xenon after 2 days searching for the number (just to let you know they changed there name there no longer called xenon) so I called and after talking to a retard for 20 minutes, he switched me to this other guy who said "THANKS FOR CALLING AMERICANS GREATEST CAR PRODUCTS THIS IS DR. XENON HOW CAN I HELP YOU"................I told him my problem and he said well since you already painted it we can help have a great day and hung up.............[sm=WTFsgign.gif]
Old 09-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Dats1NiceMustang
2nd Gear Member

To answer your ? Rogue, the first time they lasted 2 months the next time about 3 weeks, this time 1 day.............. so oh well it did make me feel better when I stomped them and threw it as hard as I could in the DUMPSTER
Old 09-26-2006, 03:54 PM
Puerto Rico 4.6
3rd Gear Member

My xenon window scoops and side scoops have been on for a year and a half now with no problems whatsoever. You should be looking somewere else for the problem. ...I bet the key is in the prep work. I body shop installed mine and i havent had a problem yet. Let a profesional do it if you are having so many dificulties. Good Luck
Old 09-26-2006, 04:05 PM
Dats1NiceMustang
2nd Gear Member

Old 09-26-2006, 04:06 PM
Dats1NiceMustang
2nd Gear Member

Two different body shops did mine the first two times, but the last time I did them.................. I even watched the body shops when they put them on and they all did the prep correct............ hell the first body shop followed the directions that xenon gave in the box and they still came off....I didn't wash the car for 4 days after putting them on.........I let the car sit over night before driving after putting them on...........I did everything by the book, they always started coming off at the edges closes to the side windows then they would get worse and worse!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 04:10 PM
Meph
2nd Gear Member

Maybe you simply got a defective product.

Did you contact the company you bought them from to try and exchange this for a new one, see if that would work?

*edit*

Unless you bought direct from Xenon. But still that sounds a bit harsh to say "oh it's painted, can't take it back." I'd call them up and say "No I didn't" just to see what they will say.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NEVER BUY XENON