Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

car got towed and impounded

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 02:59 AM
bennihill
2nd Gear Member

Default car got towed and impounded

well, i am in the process of fabricating a custom hood for the stang and i'm driving around with no hood on, right? i live in yuma, AZ but my gf lives in winterhaven, CA. so as i was crossing the border i got pulled over. he said it was illegal in cali to drive without a hood on. i don't know if it's true or not but i told him i am not a california resident but he said he doesn't care. he gave me a ticket for not having a california license, california plates, and for my hood being off. then he towed and impounded it. when i told him i don't need CA plates or a license being that i don't live here, he said he sees me come here everyday or every other day so as far as he's concerned i live here. now i have to go to calexico (which is an hour away) and get a release form and then come all the way back here to get my car out of impound tomorrow.

plus he followed me to my gf's house so he could find out where she lives and now he wants to harass her. is there anybody that knows if this wrong and what i can do about it.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:27 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

Default RE: car got towed and impounded

the ticket for the no plate and license is BS, but the no hood thing i know is illegal.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:39 AM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

lol, That cop broke like 2 laws right their. First of all, He just can't go tailing you(Harrasement). Did you get his badge number? if you did go to which ever county station and complain. I'm assuming you have Arizone plates so thats good enough, Sorry you got such a bitchass SuperTrooper wannabe. Consult a lawyer if this **** persists. Remeber, cops have to have probable cause to arrest you, search your vehicle and to pull you over. While i'm not sure about the no hood thing, I'm really sure a judge would show you some mercy. Sounds like you didn't do anything wrong.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:55 AM
spooky
2nd Gear Member

you can get a fix-it ticket if you don't have the front license plate mounted on your bumper. however, i've seen lots of people display their plates on their dashboard in the front window. when i ask a few of them if this is ok, they say as long as the plate is visible. i'm skeptical, so i'll ask the next time i get pulled over. btw, cops can say or do anything harrasement-wise for their amuesment or because they're bored.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:36 AM
Meph
2nd Gear Member

Find out the officer name/number, which county he works out of, and take a lawsuit up against them. I know a few Lawyers here who would eat them up, but then again this is New York
Old 09-23-2006, 01:41 PM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

well, i am in the process of fabricating a custom hood for the stang and i'm driving around with no hood on, right? i live in yuma, AZ but my gf lives in winterhaven, CA. so as i was crossing the border i got pulled over. he said it was illegal in cali to drive without a hood on. i don't know if it's true or not but i told him i am not a california resident but he said he doesn't care. he gave me a ticket for not having a california license, california plates, and for my hood being off. then he towed and impounded it. when i told him i don't need CA plates or a license being that i don't live here, he said he sees me come here everyday or every other day so as far as he's concerned i live here. now i have to go to calexico (which is an hour away) and get a release form and then come all the way back here to get my car out of impound tomorrow.

plus he followed me to my gf's house so he could find out where she lives and now he wants to harass her. is there anybody that knows if this wrong and what i can do about it.
Did you show him your military ID? It usually helps in situations like yours.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:16 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

He was probably a ***** homo democrat that hates (straight) military men.
ORIGINAL: GrayPony

Did you show him your military ID? It usually helps in situations like yours.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:01 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

thats crap. he cant pull you over for not having cali license plate or a cali license. i mean you do have an arizona license plate and license dont u?
Old 09-23-2006, 03:15 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

he illegally towed your car, he can't ticket you for not having a cali license palte even if you were in cali everyday, but were a resident of arizona. DO NOT do anything about him harrassing your gf until you have proof. Try to get multipal pictures of him near the house, or get a video tape. Once that happens you can at least get her a restraining order against him, which will also mean he gets fired.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:19 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

he gets fired hes gonna take revenge

Quick Reply: car got towed and impounded