Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Respect for the v-6ers

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 11:09 AM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Respect for the v-6ers

I get a lot of slack from my students for driving a V6. I just ask them what they are driving. That usually shuts them up, considering most are E-1 marching to school in the morning. A lot of people out there are ignorant to what this car can do, even stock. It is immediately dismissed as a POS, until they see the gap just getting bigger and bigger. I love my V6! where else can you get a car that looks this good, has this much power, and still gets 26 mpg?
Old 09-27-2006, 11:19 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Ya alot of people are stupid like that they talk but dont take the time to look at the engine specs of the cars they talk about. I wouldnt mind even having a GT but im proud to own a v6 no matter what i hear.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:34 PM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

Wow... I really wanted a GT but I got a V6 because it's cheapers, better gas and I can have fun modding it. A group of kids at school actually thought I had a GT because I have the Pony Package fog lights and a GT rear bumper with 40-series Flowmasters and JBA Shorty headers (which btw does not sound ricey when I punch it) Of course they were kids with a Scion TC and what not but still. They were shocked when I told them that it was a V6 lol.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:41 PM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Scion TC's are nice cars though as well they had a few at the track when i went up there.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:48 PM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

Its a mustang man. Don't try to impress to get along w/everyone. Acceptance is not work thousand and thousand of dollars debt. I have had two sixers of the new body style S197 and I loved them. I wanted the v8 (I am out of high school, got a raise at my job and knew that I could afford it) So I bought it. Anyways congrats on your new stang lets see some pics.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:37 PM
BLackie
2nd Gear Member

Well you see, I was 18 when i signed and my dad used to work for ford so we got a employe discount and then i talked them down to about 24,500. I knewthe salesman, so we made things happen. I had a $350 a month payment on the six, and when the GT came in $450 a month. So i worked alot and only gained $100 a month. This isnt to bad for me since i have no other house,water,gas,bills to pay for. As for the 40's i had, they sounded great when i turned the ingine on but since mine was a auto, when ever i would punch it and get over 3500 rpm, my flows started to rice out. Mabye im just picky.......But just think back. In high school rep is everything and peer pressure is a bitch.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:52 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Feng Houzi

I get a lot of slack from my students for driving a V6. I just ask them what they are driving. That usually shuts them up, considering most are E-1 marching to school in the morning. A lot of people out there are ignorant to what this car can do, even stock. It is immediately dismissed as a POS, until they see the gap just getting bigger and bigger. I love my V6! where else can you get a car that looks this good, has this much power, and still gets 26 mpg?
Asking for their latest timeslip also works wonders... LOL!
Old 09-27-2006, 03:40 PM
Puerto Rico 4.6
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 28hopup

I just found even more repect for our 4.0L V6's. DAMMMN PR4.6 - that video is awesome! What kinda shift pressures are you running to chirp 1-2 AND 2-3??? (remember guys, he's running an auto) That's just sick!!!

Bill Jr.
28hopup
Thanks, i got the barbaric shift set up from Lidio at alternative plus i jack up the shift pressures to 25+ .....I am now using Nitto Drag Radials and Che LCA so it only chirps 1-2 but it still pulls like hell on the 2-3.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:43 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Puerto Rico 4.6

ORIGINAL: 28hopup

I just found even more repect for our 4.0L V6's. DAMMMN PR4.6 - that video is awesome! What kinda shift pressures are you running to chirp 1-2 AND 2-3??? (remember guys, he's running an auto) That's just sick!!!

Bill Jr.
28hopup
Thanks, i got the barbaric shift set up from Lidio at alternative plus i jack up the shift pressures to 25+ .....I am now using Nitto Drag Radials and Che LCA so it only chirps 1-2 but it still pulls like hell on the 2-3.
My car with Lidio's setup would chirp 1-2, 2-3 when I was N/A... that was on the Nitto 450's... But since I put the Vortech on I've been running the M&H's full time... I don't know what would happen if I put the 450's back on! LOL!!

Man.. i need to make some more vids!!! LOL!
Old 09-27-2006, 04:31 PM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

As a 46 yo dad with 3 kids, one heading to law school and the other 2 (twins 16yo) in 11th grade I'm going to offer some advice.

1. Never give in to peer pressure. Ever. Sing your own tune, dye your hair green whatever but be yourself because you are the only person who can be YOU. It's what's inside of you that counts, not what you drive.
2. People who make fun of you are jealous of something you have, or have done. It may not even be related to your car.
3. There will always be someone faster. I live a stones throw away from The Hamptons NY and while you are driving down main street in your turbo Porsche vert chances are real good there is a Lamborghini coming the other way. That's the way life is.

Enjoy whatever ride you have and be yourself!

Quick Reply: Respect for the v-6ers