Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Modded v-6 or stock 04 GT vert

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 04:22 PM
Puerto Rico 4.6
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Modded v-6 or stock 04 GT vert

Thanks , i just try to share what i have seen or learned over the years.[sm=gears.gif]
Old 09-27-2006, 11:26 PM
BLackie
2nd Gear Member

Yea, im leaning toward the GT mabye. If it were a coupe, for sure the GT
Old 09-28-2006, 01:27 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BLackie

why would you want a coupe, i had to choose between my v6 vert and a v8 coupe (back in 03), i never looked back on the GT, go with the vert
Old 09-28-2006, 01:31 PM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

[sm=exactly.gif]

Yeah, no kidding. There's nothing like a vert! [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 09-28-2006, 02:00 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

ROFL! No hes saying he thinks the GT would win especially if it was a GT coupe, LOL! Got it?
ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

ORIGINAL: BLackie

why would you want a coupe, i had to choose between my v6 vert and a v8 coupe (back in 03), i never looked back on the GT, go with the vert
Old 09-28-2006, 02:06 PM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Well it would depend on what you want from your car. Just something with enough power to enjoy and be able to let the top down then sure a v6 vert. But if you actually want that GT power like i would then i'd choose the v8 coupe no 2nd thoughts. Also down the line you can get problems with the top anyways so i would rather have a coupe and not worry about it.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:08 PM
Stckman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pyrat

[sm=exactly.gif]

Theres nothing like the NOISE! dont get me wrong i love this car... but if i had it to do all over again i would get a hard top... always sounds like you have a window down... and this summer was so hot i couldnt even keep the top down without heat stroke. add tot he fact its heavier and less aerodynamic and less stable with no roof and you have a real racer here too ^_^

Its nice having a vert, and i had to own one before i died... but this is my first and last vert.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:07 PM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stckman

ORIGINAL: Pyrat

[sm=exactly.gif]

Theres nothing like the NOISE! dont get me wrong i love this car... but if i had it to do all over again i would get a hard top... always sounds like you have a window down... and this summer was so hot i couldnt even keep the top down without heat stroke. add tot he fact its heavier and less aerodynamic and less stable with no roof and you have a real racer here too ^_^

Its nice having a vert, and i had to own one before i died... but this is my first and last vert.
I've got both an '05 vert and an '05 coupe. The noise difference isn't that great when comparing the coupe to the vert with the top up (both currently have factory mufflers). Mustangs are not quite cars, they are for fun, and the convertible top is a fun multiplier. [sm=smiley1.gif]) When it's really hot out, I just run the A/C until the sunblock starts to wear out, but with your young'un you need to be really careful about sun exposure, no doubt.

You did get me thinking about how many verts I've owned though. This is vert #9. '60 MGA (2), 64 TR4, 60 Sunbeam Alpine, 59 Austin Healey Sprite, 60 Cad (in black, looked like the Batmobile), 75 Suzuki BRUT, 78 IH Scout II, 05 Mustang (that's not counting the 51 Plymouth I cut the top off of . Raced all the sports cars and am currently working on upgrading the suspension, brakes and engine performance on the Mustang. Again, it's a fun thing. I just like going fast in an open car. Now if I was looking specifically for a race car, yes, I'd go with the coupe, they are lighter, probably more aerodynamic and probably less subject to chassis flex.

Old 09-28-2006, 08:15 PM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Well someone like verts lol. If i could i would get another stang in a vert because once in awhile it would be nice to go up on the busy ave's on saturday night where all the girls be and just cruise with the top down lol. Girls up here like verts alot but once in awhile you find some that like the hardtop better.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

LOL, I've got a buddy who likes to ride to the store with me, then sit in the car with the top down and see what he can snag. The ladies do seem to like the thing.

And I forgot the 55 Ford vert. That makes 10. I never counted up how rag tops I'd had before. I don't know whether to think it's cool, or just feel old. [sm=insomnia.gif]

Oh well, think I'll just put the top down and go for a ride. [sm=smiley4.gif]

Quick Reply: Modded v-6 or stock 04 GT vert