Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hilarious Way To Get Ricers

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 08:36 PM
joshetc
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Hilarious Way To Get Ricers

ORIGINAL: beaustang

All the Cali bashers are welcome to leave, it will leave more room for those of us who happen to like it here.
@ Thomas Ford: One of the reasons the Ca economy is spirlaing out of control is the pension program for govt. retirees. We are supporting as many if not more non-workers than workers; at some point something has to change, and not just Democratic supported tax increases to keep the gravy train going.
AFAIK they have something called the grandfather clause. It basically says only people that as of a certain time have already been in the government get those great benefits. (something like 15-20 years right now and you'll get em when you retire) Anyone that started more recently than 15 years ago wont get anything but a 401k or w/e.

edit: Also on the subject of government spending.. I'd rather see them reduce spending by not blowing billions of dollars on computer systems that aren't worth half what they spend.. as well as all the other crap they blow money on before they take it from the average joe government worker. (they can take everything they want from the higher ups and such IMO..)
Old 09-28-2006, 09:49 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Thomas Ford

Really? Us govt workers pay into OUR pensions and we work for it. It is our money. Stop handing out welfare to illegals like Colorado did recently and you'd see a positive change.
When I was younger my freinds all bashed me because they worked in private industry and made twice what I did as a civil servant. Now, since many "dot com" companies folded they are screwed and I still have a job and retirement.
Don't bash government workers who provide you with water, protect your lives, build roads and parks and countless other things you probably take forgranted. Try living in another country for a while and you come running back.
+1 to that. For every one person that says "Thank you" for serving in the military, there are at least 5 who treat me like crap. I'd give my life for them all just the same....
Old 09-28-2006, 09:50 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

Oh yeah, +1 on the Hondas sucking comment.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:51 PM
Hiboost
2nd Gear Member

How gay.... do you not have anything better to do with your time..
Old 09-28-2006, 10:11 PM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

Hell ****in' yea on the millitary and government startment! I support the millitary, army, navy and whatever other branch there is a full 100%!

I don't know exactly why we're talking about the government, 401K's and retirment on a MUSTANG forum... but hey that's cool.

Honda's kind of do suck, although the new V-Tech puts out some 192 HP it only puts out about 150 - 155 FT/LB's of torque and WE ALL know... the torque is where it's at!

Anyways... Chrome is cool on exhaust tips as long as it's not like 5+ inches and a ricer just buys the tip with the real high pitched sound. I've heard some WRX's (not STI) with a good exhaust system that had a really deep throaty sound. Yes it was like a 4-cylinder sound where you couldn't hear the bubbling sound of each piston but it was very deep and throaty and I was actually VERY impressed.

I also like Supra's too (the 300ZX is alright too) and I too almost got an RSX-S before my Mustang. But I really like the mustang therefore I got the mustang.

We're not ricers.

Cheers
Old 09-28-2006, 11:07 PM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

I'm not sure how else you pay a goverment employee other than with tax money and if the state is having to pay retirees it's probably because the state robbed the pension fund 20 years ago to pay for something important, like attracting businesses like Enron to come F things up. By the way, all the A-holes that want to bash Cali can kiss it. In 3 months you'll be complaining about freezing your *** off in -3 degree weather. We'll be enjoy lovely Fall type weather all winter long. A little wind and rain but usually 50-60 degrees and sunny. Perfect driving weather.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:55 AM
Stckman
2nd Gear Member

beau dont start this argument... we in cali EVEN with our economy problems and illegal alien problems and govt problems are still the richest state in the union. everyone wants to live here... and everyone does live here... no knock on the rest of the country but we really are the best.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:32 AM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

ricers are an atitude.. car is slow, yet still thinks hes fast sit, people are not ricers if they can bac themselves up

those honda motors arent to be taken lightly.. they make the most power relative to displacement, and i dont care who your uncle is..

and about tq.. sure they put out as much as we do, but through gearing they are not far behind.. engine tq and wheel tq in first gear are completly different.. if im not mistaken our cars put about 2100 ft.lbs of torque to the ground in first gear?? hondas (built) are not very far... its all gear multiplication.. the smart guys are the ones who custom build their transmissions for the goal of tq multiplication.. the ITR trannies, are actually pretty close to as good as it gets for a honda tranny, and it comes with LSD..

the aftermarket is HUGE for hondas.. but the average kid owns a honda, and show means more than go to them because it gets their dick wet, but see this is where atitude comes into play.. their car wheigh s 2000lbs more than stock now because of the accessories and they go driving as fast as they can on teh highway around them bends and end up in the rubarb on the news..

my ex girlfriend's dad owns a CRX.. its faster then the average ferrari sporting it out on the track.. ive seen him in the pits with a ferrari/porche owner come and grab him by the collar pissed off that he spent thousands on a super car, and his honda **** box smoked him

jsut because they got a fartcan, doesnt mean they are all fartcans.. an apexi exhaust system does a lot for ahonda.. big gains.. looks like something you can get off the shelf at walmart.. be sure before you judge

btw if i dindt get my stang, i would be signed up to sentra forums or rsx forums
Old 09-29-2006, 01:49 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

I didn't start anything, I'm defending Cali against the bashers.
As far as the pensions go it has nothing to do with robing funds; it has everything to do more people reaching retirement age and there not being enough to pay those people. It's like our national Social Security situation, the money is going to run out in a finite amount of time. Either something has to change like privitazation of these programs, or go with the Democrats and just raise taxes...business as usual!
ORIGINAL: Stckman

beau dont start this argument... we in cali EVEN with our economy problems and illegal alien problems and govt problems are still the richest state in the union. everyone wants to live here... and everyone does live here... no knock on the rest of the country but we really are the best.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:56 AM
S2K1
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackfoot

ricers are an atitude.. car is slow, yet still thinks hes fast sit, people are not ricers if they can bac themselves up
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Quick Reply: Hilarious Way To Get Ricers