Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Planning a move

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 06:18 PM
tacatc
2nd Gear Member

Default Planning a move

Well it is official I will be moving to Jacksonville, FL. The goverment is moving all my big stuff but I will need to carry some items to tied me over until I move into my permanent house and can have my stuff delivered. Unfortunately I don't know if I will have enough room in my Mustang. I know U-haul has a small streamline trailer, but I don't want to put a permanent hitch on or something that is going to scratch up my paint. Any one know if U-haul has temp hitches I could use, or any ideas?
Old 09-28-2006, 11:11 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Planning a move

Rent a Uhaul truck with the box back and a car carrier and pull the car.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:06 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Hey looks like we got another floridian stang! LOL! Hey thats pretty cool we got to meet sometime!
ORIGINAL: tacatc

Well it is official I will be moving to Jacksonville, FL. The goverment is moving all my big stuff but I will need to carry some items to tied me over until I move into my permanent house and can have my stuff delivered. Unfortunately I don't know if I will have enough room in my Mustang. I know U-haul has a small streamline trailer, but I don't want to put a permanent hitch on or something that is going to scratch up my paint. Any one know if U-haul has temp hitches I could use, or any ideas?
Old 09-29-2006, 01:15 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Drive the Stang loaded as full as possible, and ship the rest via UPS!!! [&:] It could be cheaper than renting a trailer and adding a hitch.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:25 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

I think it's Hidden Hitch that makes a pretty good hitch for the Mustang.

Hides up out of the way, and without the ball on you can barely see it.

Good for up to 2000 lbs.

It's a simple 4 bolt installation. The hardest part is getting the bolts into the framerail, but they provide a little tool that works pretty well. Since it only attaches up and under the car, there are very little chances of scrathing anything visible.

No, I am not happy about having a hitch on my car. My truck died (like died died), and I was stuck without a way to haul anything. Added the hitch, and got a small trailer.

I just got another car (for the winter), 1998 Saturn SL1, and I'm going to be putting a hitch on it.

The only problem is the SL1 is only rated to tow 1000 lbs, and I'm worried my boat may be a bit heavier than that. I need to find a way to weigh it to find out for sure.

Of course, for what you would end up spending on the hitch/wiring/ball/trailer rental/etc (figure $300-450), I'd just listen to beaustang and rent a truck with a car carrier, and pull the mustang. Probably a cheaper than the hitch idea.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:44 PM
stratjakt
2nd Gear Member

Crate your junk up and ship it by freight, terminal to terminal. Probably cheaper than adding a hitch. Rent the home depot truck for an hour to pick it up.

Or if you can do small enough boxes to UPS it might be even better. If you got a whole lot of stuff, those PODS things are a pretty good deal.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:05 PM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

Cool, Margarita goes to Margaritaville. [sm=signs003.gif]

Old 09-29-2006, 03:11 PM
Rogue24
2nd Gear Member

MMmmmmmmmmmMMMMMmmmm.... Cheese burger in paradise...
Old 09-29-2006, 03:42 PM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

Nothing like Floridaze...

Old 09-29-2006, 05:04 PM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Rent a flat bed and drive her on the back of it

Quick Reply: Planning a move