Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

A day's work, What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 09:48 PM
Railrider
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: A day's work, What do you think?

ORIGINAL: Hicompression

The way I figure it is if you wanted your car to look like a GT...you should have bought a GT. Throwing ground effects, sides skirts and chin spoilers on V6 models borders on rice...IMHO. That's not to say you didn't do a great job!
I actually drove a grabber orange GT the other day, With a boss stripe kit, looked BAD A$$ but
to be honest I was'nt impressed with the car overall, IMO not worth the extra $8000-$10000 you
pay to say "I HAVE A GT/V-8" Big f'ing deal. If I wanted a GT I would go buy one, Just not worth it
if you ask me. I'm holding out for the "REAL" Boss or Bullitt, then I'll drop my load so to speak.
Until then I'm damn happy with my lil'ol V-6 especially with the mods i've done.

Oh by the way I was not liquored up the night before, just had to move it so the wife could
could get her car out of the drive. I'm not a party boy anymore...gave that up when I started
forgetting where I had been the night before...SCARY!!

Thanks Everyone
Old 10-04-2006, 10:15 PM
djl0657
2nd Gear Member

Railrider,

Like the front spoiler, looks better colormatched then in black. See you around VA. If you see my silver vert around RICHMOND, we are shopping somewhere.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:43 AM
Railrider
2nd Gear Member

djl0657,

I'll look for ya, shoot me an e-mail if your coming this way,
We'll grab a burger or something, And glad you like my mods.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:05 AM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

Love the white car man and you can go wrong getting rid of those black side skirts.....looking really good man keep up the good work on your car.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:03 AM
tacatc
2nd Gear Member

Looks good, it gives it a clean look that really suits a white pony. IMO for white it is clean all white like yours or the blue stripes any thing else distracts to much from the lines of the car. But again thats just my opinion I could be wrong.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

The way I figure it is if you wanted your car to look like a GT...you should have bought a GT. Throwing ground effects, sides skirts and chin spoilers on V6 models borders on rice...IMHO. That's not to say you didn't do a great job!
As the owner of an "06" V6 as well as a second gen Camaro, I have to say that my biggest regret in buying a Mustang is the lack of respect in the online community amongst Mustang owners. I've been a member of the nastyZ28 forums for about 3 years, and the respect the second gen camaro guys give each other far surpasses any Mustang forum i've ever been on.

Hicompression, its guys like you that give forums a bad name. If you don't have anything nice to say, is your self esteem really so low that you have to bash someone instead? You sound exactly like one of those guys who would buy a GT just to make you feel like you have a set of *****, when in reality your still trying to prove your a man to yourself and everybody else. Its nobodys fault but your own that your low self esteem forced you into paying an extra $6,000-$10,000 for 100 extra horsepower.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:26 PM
MdnytRider
1st Gear Member

Just let me add my voice to those who say that your car looks great with the paint-matched chin spoiler. I gotta ask though, is your car lowered? If so, how much?
Old 10-08-2006, 08:18 PM
mtbker29
3rd Gear Member

Looks good.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:23 PM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pantera72

As the owner of an "06" V6 as well as a second gen Camaro, I have to say that my biggest regret in buying a Mustang is the lack of respect in the online community amongst Mustang owners. I've been a member of the nastyZ28 forums for about 3 years, and the respect the second gen camaro guys give each other far surpasses any Mustang forum i've ever been on.

Hicompression, its guys like you that give forums a bad name. If you don't have anything nice to say, is your self esteem really so low that you have to bash someone instead? You sound exactly like one of those guys who would buy a GT just to make you feel like you have a set of *****, when in reality your still trying to prove your a man to yourself and everybody else. Its nobodys fault but your own that your low self esteem forced you into paying an extra $6,000-$10,000 for 100 extra horsepower.
Ditto

Railrider, you've got a great looking car. Nice work on your mods they look very well ballanced and really set you car off.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:31 PM
torchred05V6mustang
1st Gear Member

wowwww it looks great

Quick Reply: A day's work, What do you think?