Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

PonyPackGrill/Harness

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 03:10 AM
Playboy06
2nd Gear Member

Default PonyPackGrill/Harness

Anybody have any friends that would be interested in:

(1)Pony Package Grill (No scratches or scuffs)
(1)Street Scene Harness with instructions (Includes everything needed to make work perfectly)

Live in California, shipping will be paid for on my part.

$230 out the door.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:33 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Default RE: PonyPackGrill/Harness

ss harness is unused?
Old 10-04-2006, 03:42 AM
Playboy06
2nd Gear Member

Correct. I bought the street scene center grill package from v6mustangstuff.com ($350) and the harness was included, what I did was take the uncomptable clips from the harness already in my car (that go to the pony packge fog lights, not my new lights) crimped them on to the new harnress and took the clips of the new harness and put it on the one in my car. Works like a charm.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:53 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

ok whatever you say (lol didnt really follow that) would you be willing to sell just the harness if you dont have it sold by next week anyways. Im waiting to see if my cs6 will come with a harness or not. Would be nice if it doesnt come with one just to come pick it up from you same day o_O. Also do you know where street scene is that you guys get to go there? o_O i know stillen installs alot of their stuff but i dont think thats street scene.

Nevermind on location google is a friend o_O
Old 10-04-2006, 04:07 AM
Playboy06
2nd Gear Member

=)

Simple break down of my confusing paragraph

Clips: The connectors at the end of the harness that becomes the male connector to the lights.

Took the clips off the harnress that connected to the pony package and crimped them onto the new harnress that I purchased.

Took the clips that were on the new harness and connected them to the harness in the car so they could connect to the new lights.

And yeah send me a PM next week if your still interested in the harness and we'll work a deal out and i'll just deduct it from the $230.00 and sell the grill alone.

Thanks!
-Josh
Old 10-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

I'm interested in the grill but have a couple of questions. All the "connectors" talk has me confused but I'll ask the question this way.
Does the wiring harness you have connect to the Pony grill with the current connectors?
Is this wiring harness a plug and play harness or are splices required?
Does this particular harness come with a new light switch for the dash?

Sorry for the rookie questions but I'm new to this.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:15 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

here is the deal josh pmed me awhile back to help him out. since we are close he came over. he had already installed the grill and lights / less the harness. i noticed he already had the pony package so he didnt need the harness because his car is already wired for fogs but, the pony lights use a differant plug (good old ford) so we were going to go to ford to see if they would have the gt style plugs and we could remove swap them out on his existing harness so the new larger lights would work. he had made a coment about removing his stock harness so he could sell it with the pony light. once i explained to him the harness is all woven thru the rest of the harness we came up with the idea to switch the connectors from the stock harness to the SS harness. so basicly the SS harness is now wired for the pony package grill. if you wanted it for the gt grill you would have to get the 2 gt connectors and swap them back out. i hope this helps.

so the bottom line is he has a pony grill with lights and the SS harness that has been converted to plug right into the pony grill to make for an easy install. if you want the harness for a gt grill install you would want to get a new one inless you have the gt connectors.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:12 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the explanation. Bottom line. I have a V6 - is the wiring harness a plug-n-play for an 05 V6 and the grill? Also does the pony grill have a matching bottom section?
Old 10-04-2006, 03:02 PM
Playboy06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rupp

I'm interested in the grill but have a couple of questions. All the "connectors" talk has me confused but I'll ask the question this way.
Does the wiring harness you have connect to the Pony grill with the current connectors?
Is this wiring harness a plug and play harness or are splices required?
Does this particular harness come with a new light switch for the dash?

Sorry for the rookie questions but I'm new to this.
Yes the wires on the harnress connect to the pony grill

There are steps required but I don't believe you have to splice required

Yes this harnress comes with a new light switch for the dash

(Or you can go to the dealership and get the "GT Switch" where you can "pull" it out to turn them on.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:06 PM
Playboy06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rupp

Thanks for the explanation. Bottom line. I have a V6 - is the wiring harness a plug-n-play for an 05 V6 and the grill? Also does the pony grill have a matching bottom section?
I'll have pictures for you tonight.

But it's just the upper OEM grill, though I would like confirmation from someone that the 06 v6 pony grill will fit into the 05.

Are you interested Rupp?