Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I got lucky tonight

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 02:14 AM
tacatc
2nd Gear Member

Default I got lucky tonight

Ok first off get you mind out of the gutter (unfortunately I don't mean that kind of lucky). I was driving home from work tonight and I'm on a section of road that is pretty rural and it's slightly overcast so it was pretty dark. I come up over a hill and there are two deer in the road. I hit the breaks and one bolts across the road while the other turns back and runs into my car. Luckly I was going a little slow than I normally do on this stretch because the night before I almost got pulled over there. The deputy gave me a warning flash to slow down. There was no place to stop so I had to drive the rest of the way to the nearest gas station about 10 miles just knowing I was going to get out and the side of Margarita was going to be all caved in. I could not believe when I got out and there was not a dent, scratch, not even a hair on her.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:15 AM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I got lucky tonight

You should buy a lottery ticket
Old 10-04-2006, 02:18 AM
388STROKEDLX

That brings a whole new meaning to "Ford Tough"
Old 10-04-2006, 03:28 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

oh wow, lots of luck my friend!
Old 10-04-2006, 03:55 AM
SparkYZ
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ilduce321

You should buy a lottery ticket
NOW!
Old 10-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

ooo man, the first day i had my 86 mustang on hte road which was a few years ago now... i was goin down a wooded area and was slowing down to make a turn and all of a sudden a baby deer runs from out of the woods, jumps on the hood of my car, slides across and continues its stride off my car into the woods across the street. i was like omg, thats such a bad omen, lol..... its bent my antenna but good thing i was slowed down to like 5 mph for this turn. lol
Old 10-04-2006, 07:58 PM
Thomas Ford
2nd Gear Member

OH DEER!!!!
Old 10-05-2006, 04:08 AM
tacatc
2nd Gear Member

It is amazing how the mind works too, becuase the whole way to the gas station I could swear the car wasn't driving right. I thought it was pulling to one side and just wasn't right. Of course once I realized that there was no damage she seem to drive as straight and normal as always.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:34 AM
Sick Six
2nd Gear Member

One time, the summer after I got my car, not this summer but the one before,
me and one of my buddies were leaving work it was around 11:30pm or so, and it
was pooring I mean POORING!!! We were seriously having to drive 35mph, and I was following him
he drove a old 80's GMC Sierra single cab with a 350, anyways we were also talking on the
phone with eachother, then as we passed our high school he yells OH SH@T!!!! and I see his truck
just jump up into the air, I was a little bit behind him and by the time he told me "I just ran over a giant...."
then BOOM the Stang is off the ground! We had run over a huge @ss Dead dog, I mean it was huge!!! We both
stopped at the gas station, nothing happened though, no bent pipes, no nothin, except for a little wad of dog
hair hanging on the corner of my rear bumper ewwww! Yeah, I thought I was pretty lucky nothin got messed up
and also I didn't lose control and slide all over the road into a ditch or pole or something, stupid Stock tires!
Old 10-07-2006, 06:38 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Wow you are damn lucky. Last week i was on my way home from work at like 2am and all the sudden 2 deer hopped out from the ditch and just sat on the side of the road. I was able to slow down to like 20mph and just pass them. Im soooo glad they didnt move because i probably wouldve cried if i put anymore scratches let alone dents in my car. Well of course i wouldve felt bad for the deer but not as much for my car.

Quick Reply: I got lucky tonight