MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   MRT Sequential Taillights question (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/189371-mrt-sequential-taillights-question.html)

Rupp 10-06-2006 12:03 PM

MRT Sequential Taillights question

Do the The MRT Sequential Taillights also run the sequence when braking? Do any of the kits do this. I do not want that and wanted to make sure before ordering.

bztz4m 10-06-2006 12:10 PM

RE: MRT Sequential Taillights question

I am not sure on the MRT but the CDC sequential lights I have installed the Brake lights will sequence then be a solid brake light.

28HopUp 10-06-2006 12:29 PM

ORIGINAL: bztz4m

I am not sure on the MRT but the CDC sequential lights I have installed the Brake lights will sequence then be a solid brake light.
I have the 4Meter kit, which allows three settings: either stock; sequential; or chaser. In the latter two modes, when you hit the brakes, they sequence out and stay lit until you remove your foot from the pedal (i.e. they don't keep flashing when the brakes are applied). I'm glad you brought that up, because it is a common misconception.

I LOVE the fact that the brakes sequence on like that. All three bulbs per side are lit (making it more noticable), and the sequencing makes it even more visible to drivers behind you (usually a good idea). Plus, when I pass another S197 on the road, I always double-tap my brakes to give them a "hello" in their rearview mirror.

blackout 10-06-2006 02:51 PM

I was wondering that as well, I would like mine to be sequential for braking as well. I think that's awesome, can't wait to get mine just too much to do!

-Jeff

GrayPony 10-06-2006 03:23 PM

ORIGINAL: nothsa

I was wondering that as well, I would like mine to be sequential for braking as well. I think that's awesome, can't wait to get mine just too much to do!

-Jeff

Sequencing brake lights are illegal in many states

McChicken 10-06-2006 11:12 PM

ORIGINAL: GrayPony

Sequencing brake lights are illegal in many states
You have any information on that? There have been quite a few discussions on the legality of sequential lights on this forum and nobody has come up with anything that says theyre illegal. I've had 'em for almost a year and no trouble yet.

workshop4ever 10-07-2006 03:46 AM

the legality comes in with whether or not the sequence continues during braking or not. All of the available kits when the brakes are struck will light in a sequence pattern, but stay lit. That is perfectly legal. If the lights sequenced, then shut off and sequenced again over and over again, that would be illegal. The reason being most likely is that it could be easily mistaken for a police car from a distance and that it would be distracting to drivers behind you. The sequential kits out there are perfectly legal, in fact there are plenty of cars that come standard with sequentials. It was a big thing in the older cars (pretty sure the older cougers had sequentials)

scrming 10-07-2006 10:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Rupp

Do the The MRT Sequential Taillights also run the sequence when braking? Do any of the kits do this. I do not want that and wanted to make sure before ordering.

The MRT sequence when when you brake... but only once... Like workshop4ever pointed out, the brake lights sequence once than they stay lit...