MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   Building the 6 (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/189580-building-the-6-a.html)

fallfast90 10-06-2006 10:48 PM

Building the 6

Hey everyone, for awhile now i was trying to decide what i wanted to do with my car once its paid off. I have decided to keep it. What i plan to do though is get a new 3.8 from SSM and a stage 3 power pack. I hope to get around 250-260rwhp with that setup and later on get some type of F/I after i get some more funds. I figure this due to the fact once my car is paid off its mine. I am the second owner of the stang (have been for the majority of its life) and i cant see selling it for like 5 grand, and then have to spend another 10 grand on a decent newer mustang and not know what its been through. Not too mention, if i spent just 5 grand on this, i get a pretty decent ride. What do you guys think? Any of you plan to do the same once you are in the same position? I also have a new baby girl coming (found out the sex yesterday), so money is going towards her and the fam. One more thing, I know some of you are just saying "Buy the 8" But any real car guy can appreciate a unique 6 that is built up, rather than another supercharged 8!

Furinox 10-06-2006 11:32 PM

RE: Building the 6

wrong forum

fallfast90 10-06-2006 11:37 PM

naa, i like posting in this forum due to the older ages of the people in here. I dont care for the v6 forums and its "Which exhaust is the best?" questions. More diversity in here and i have been posting in here for awhile

28HopUp 10-06-2006 11:57 PM

Congrats on the pending baby girl - hope all goes well with that. Keep the 2000, and build it up the way you've always dreamed.

fallfast90 10-07-2006 12:14 AM

Thanks, we were hoping for a girl too. That makes a boy and now a girl, thats it!! lol. I also see having the benefit of having a really strong 3.8 with a power pack and some sort of F/I. I really would like to get the car targa topped aswell. ONE DAY!!!

Pyrat 10-07-2006 02:53 AM

Yes, congratulations on your pending new arrival. I think the SN95s are great cars. My sister in law has a 96 purple convertible manual that's a blast to drive when I can talk her out of it. [sm=smiley1.gif] I'd be interested in hearing how your doing on your car mod. You might take a look at Tom Morana Racing's stroker kit for the 3.8. You can take it all the way up to 4.4L. And they do head work too.

HurricaneStang 10-07-2006 06:28 AM

Its cool you wanna built up you 2000 v6. Theres some people out there that get like 500-600rwhp out of those so its a good building block. I also had a 2000 v6 as my first car and i had wanted to build her up. But she was abused when i got her and it wouldve taken alot of money just to get her lookin right so i didnt end up putting money into performance wise.

Hope you get her goin and congratulations.

rygenstormlocke 10-07-2006 09:28 AM

One more thing, I know some of you are just saying "Buy the 8" But any real car guy can appreciate a unique 6 that is built up, rather than another supercharged 8!
Very well said dude.

Someone already mentioned the stroker, the SSM parts are good too. I would reach out to Justin @ VMP tuning. He has built up a lot of the 3.8's, also try Delk, they have a lot of experience with that motor and have the first 9 second 3.8 (and its a customer car). Sounds like you got power covered...what about getting out of the hole and putting it to the ground?

-LSD
-Gears
-LCA
-UCA
-Drag shocks? Adjustable D-Specs?
-Some BMR braces will help the fox a lot, reduce body flex off the line
-Panhard bar and brace

And huge congrats on your baby girl!

Hope this helps.

Cheers! :)

fallfast90 10-07-2006 11:59 AM

Thanks for the advice guys. I plan to pretty much do somewhat of a rebuild. probably go to a 8.8 rear, replace a lot of things. I am also saving up for a house and new arrival, soo everything going slow until i get into the police acadamy. Luckily they have a very good yearly salary and a low cost of living area! Hey rygen, i used to live in spotsylvania a few months ago, just moved to huntsville AL, never did get a chance to run at summerduck.