Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just test drove a GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 09:17 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Just test drove a GT

ORIGINAL: nonstopred

well we have like 3.31 gears i think (someone correct me), and the limited slip makes power to both wheels (2 wheel burnouts) as oppose to our 1 (only passenger side).

yeh gts come stock with tcs so mayb u didnt turn it off
even with TCS on, if you wanna spin tires, at 1500 rpm or 2000 rpm u can dump the clutch and leave a long mark on the streets.. if anyone dont believe me , i got stone stock 06 stang GT and yes with 3.55s and i will show u how to spin tires at lower rpms..

before i bought my stang GT i got on 05 v6 stang blue cuz i didnt think i could afford GT and i drove that thing and sure it was pretty qucik for a v6 but now i got GT there is ABSOLUTELY no contest between GT and v6 stang..

i ran 13.6 BONE STOCK TO AIR FILTER WITH MY STANG GT.. ( I MISSED A GEAR ON THIS RUN.. otherwise it could have been 13.4s stone stock with 103-4 mph trap)

here is the video & time slip if u wanna see.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5...450042d3ff.htm

Old 10-11-2006, 09:30 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Nice time dude. You drove the **** out of that car. Though your trap speed seems a bit low, perhaps track conditions or some bolt ons should net you a 100MPH run.

EDIT: Reread your post. Missed a gear. Got ya. What were you launching at?
Old 10-11-2006, 09:34 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Nice time dude. You drove the **** out of that car. Though your trap speed seems a bit low, perhaps track conditions or some bolt ons should net you a 100MPH run.

EDIT: Reread your post. Missed a gear. Got ya. What were you launching at?
the only reasion my trap is crappy cuz i missed 4th gear 4-5 cars before the finish line and i didnt bother grabbing gear again and i let the car roll in newtrual till the finish line and i still ran 13.6. at rack people told me if i would have missed gear, i would have been 13.4 with 103-105 mph

on my FIRST run i ran 14.1 @ 100mph.. if i would get a chance to run more, i am sure i would go over 100mph..

thanks by the way...

EDIT: i launched around 2800 rpm to 3000rpm and i kinda dumped the clutch but slipped a little.. i felt like i got wheelstand when i launched that thing

1.93 60' on 18' wheels
Old 10-11-2006, 09:37 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Wow, amazing 60 ft time on stock tires. Well done!
Old 10-11-2006, 09:48 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: doodad

ORIGINAL: nonstopred

well we have like 3.31 gears i think (someone correct me), and the limited slip makes power to both wheels (2 wheel burnouts) as oppose to our 1 (only passenger side).

yeh gts come stock with tcs so mayb u didnt turn it off
even with TCS on, if you wanna spin tires, at 1500 rpm or 2000 rpm u can dump the clutch and leave a long mark on the streets.. if anyone dont believe me , i got stone stock 06 stang GT and yes with 3.55s and i will show u how to spin tires at lower rpms..

before i bought my stang GT i got on 05 v6 stang blue cuz i didnt think i could afford GT and i drove that thing and sure it was pretty qucik for a v6 but now i got GT there is ABSOLUTELY no contest between GT and v6 stang..

i ran 13.6 BONE STOCK TO AIR FILTER WITH MY STANG GT.. ( I MISSED A GEAR ON THIS RUN.. otherwise it could have been 13.4s stone stock with 103-4 mph trap)

here is the video & time slip if u wanna see.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5...450042d3ff.htm

Nice to see your run....btw your car looks exactly like mine. Considering you missed a gear(which didn't sound too bad.....good driving!) you had a fantastic launch.......seems to me the BFG's have much more grip than the Pirelli's(had an '05 with Pirelli's before)
I'm wanting to go to Irwindale with some fellow listers, but I can't seem to make it when they go.....btw were you shifting at redline or just before? Great job!
Old 10-11-2006, 09:55 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

Nice to see your run....btw your car looks exactly like mine. Considering you missed a gear(which didn't sound too bad.....good driving!) you had a fantastic launch.......seems to me the BFG's have much more grip than the Pirelli's(had an '05 with Pirelli's before)
I'm wanting to go to Irwindale with some fellow listers, but I can't seem to make it when they go.....btw were you shifting at redline or just before? Great job!
thanks.. i dont know about prellis but i spun these tires so bad on 2 runs.. i just needed to think and do a smart laucnh and i did.. maybe these tires are better.

i was shifting right on 6kRPM..

thanks for the comments.. (looks like i highjacked this thread )
Old 10-11-2006, 11:59 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: doodad

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

thanks.. i dont know about prellis but i spun these tires so bad on 2 runs.. i just needed to think and do a smart laucnh and i did.. maybe these tires are better.

i was shifting right on 6kRPM..

thanks for the comments.. (looks like i highjacked this thread )
Hey LL88 needs all the input to make his decision...you're just "stepping on the gas" for him....lol
Old 10-12-2006, 03:42 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

I went to the dealership to get some work done today and they had 6 GT's there, ohhh i wish i couldve test drove one but im only 17 so they wouldnt let me.....I was lookin at a blue one with the white stripes and it was nice, well at least from a distance. The stripes on that certain stang were a poor job i think. The lines we all off and there was overlapping of some of the lines. I was like ugh! $29,000 and u cant even get some straight stripes!
Old 10-12-2006, 01:11 PM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LL88
Overall, the power was impressive, but I would definitley not spend the 3.55 ratio.
all 5-speed GT's have 3.55's it's not an option, also I can burn out into 4th gear so you did something way wrong.......
Old 10-12-2006, 09:20 PM
2006RedGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HurricaneStang

I went to the dealership to get some work done today and they had 6 GT's there, ohhh i wish i couldve test drove one but im only 17 so they wouldnt let me.....I was lookin at a blue one with the white stripes and it was nice, well at least from a distance. The stripes on that certain stang were a poor job i think. The lines we all off and there was overlapping of some of the lines. I was like ugh! $29,000 and u cant even get some straight stripes!
Wouldn't let you test drive one? Did you ask? I test drove a Lightning when i was 16 and a GT mustang also when i was 16??

Quick Reply: Just test drove a GT