Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

How to say no to race challenges?

Old 10-11-2006, 04:36 PM
celenztah
2nd Gear Member

Default How to say no to race challenges?

Not sure where is best to ask this, but I'm a V6 Automatic owner and thought I'd ask the V6 gang.

I'm 45 and while I'm quite capable of radical behavior, I am just not prepared to do random street race challenges. I get taunted or revved at or even had a 'vette block me off on the freeway and slow down revving off and on waiting for me to pull out along side him to race I suppose. The other day I had a slightly older 'stang pull along side me and intentionally matched my speed and started revving at me.

To date, I just ignore them all and don't even look over. But maybe that is more rude than offering some sort of gesture to "politely say no"? Is there some sort of universal "street etiquette" way of saying nope, not today?
Old 10-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

Default RE: How to say no to race challenges?

Smile at them and wave...

or if there is a cop they dont see, pull a back to the future on them...lol
Old 10-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

I just kinda give a smirk and shake my head lol....
Old 10-11-2006, 04:46 PM
celenztah
2nd Gear Member

The temptation is there lol!

I do just want to smile and wave, but I wasn't sure if that in and of itself was a signal to start a race!
Old 10-11-2006, 04:51 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

I had a modded terminator wanting to race while on the highway. He looked at me and pointed forward, I shook my head no, he gave me a polite wave and nod and continued on. It's a good thing I didn't because as a show of power, after he started pulling ahead, he nailed it and broke the wheels lose from around 70mph. Not that I ever thought that I could keep up with him. But I've had some SRT4's and others challenge me, and I just ignore them and drive normally. Unless they make an attempt to actually communicate with me to race, and not just try using their Jedi mind powers to convince me by staring, I will ignore them.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: celenztah

The temptation is there lol!

I do just want to smile and wave, but I wasn't sure if that in and of itself was a signal to start a race!
People hate to be ignored, it hurts their poor little insignificant ego's. Next time just shake your head no, smile, and throw your hand up.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Fig06
2nd Gear Member

Moon em...........or blow em a kiss.
Telling them they are number one might get you shot !
Old 10-11-2006, 05:04 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

I was driving with my brother once, he has a supercharged 98 Cobra (around 500-510hp). Some kid in a riced out 2dr accord wanted to race and my brother just looked at him and he started reving his engine. When the light turned green the accord took off as if he was racing and my brother just took off normally. When I asked why he didn't do anything, he said something to affect of let him think he can beat a cobra so the next GT he challenges hands him his ***.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:12 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

I was driving with my brother once, he has a supercharged 98 Cobra (around 500-510hp). Some kid in a riced out 2dr accord wanted to race and my brother just looked at him and he started reving his engine. When the light turned green the accord took off as if he was racing and my brother just took off normally. When I asked why he didn't do anything, he said something to affect of let him think he can beat a cobra so the next GT he challenges hands him his ***.
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Now thats what I'm talkin about...

Old 10-11-2006, 05:16 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

If they are in a slow car and think they are cool trying to race you give them a thumbs down, that will put their tail right between their legs. Now if you just nod your head no, i'm sure they'll just be on their way like somebody said earlier.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to say no to race challenges?