MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   New to forum (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/191603-new-to-forum.html)

ScreaminYellow 10-11-2006 08:59 PM

New to forum

Hello guys,

I came across this forum last week while browsing the net for parts for my 06' V6 and decided to join. You guys have really opened my eyes with a lot of great ideas for my stang. I will post a picture tomorrow once my camera charges. I have added side louvers, rear louvers, stripe kit, etc.

I just purchased a Moto Blue Pulley, take off GT Muffler and have an appointment Monday to get a 93 Dyno Tune by MD Motorsports here in Cincinnati.

I am hearing all kinds of conflicting info on which CAI to purchase. Some of the ones on EBAY claim an increase in HP ranging from 13-35. I am a subscriber to a Mustang performance Mag and it recomended the Airaid. Your recomendations?

Also the Moto Blue pulley i purchased claims an increase in HP of 16 on their website. Do you think that is accurate or a little high?

I appreciate any help and look forward to posting more

Thanks

rygenstormlocke 10-11-2006 09:11 PM

RE: New to forum

Welcome to MF! For CAI, I would get a XCAL2, tune and a C&L, TI or JLT. Here is a list of some reputable tuners out there (that I often reuse)....

CAI/Tuner Combo
• Doug/Bamachips: XCAL2 and your choice of TI or C&L CAI. (When I switched to his tune for my old TI, it shaved off 3/10ths on my time, his daily driver is an auto as well, though I think he has several test mules/test customer cars at his disposal)
• Evolution: XCAL2 and C&L (no comments at this time)
• AZDynoChip: XCAL2 and ? (don't know if they do the internet thing, they will tune any CAI and produce some of the highest dyno numbers)
• Lidio/Alternative Auto: XCAL2 and CAI (I did some research and several shops referred me to him for Automatics, his personal daily driver is an auto)
• Brenspeed: XCAL2 and C&L (another highly reputable shop)
• Justin/VMP Tuning: XCAL2 and ? (Considered one of the top dogs for the V6 stang community and collaborates with Doug on occasion to my knowledge, he’s also tested more CAI’s on the same dyno session than anyone I’ve seen so far, read about it here: http://www.v6power.net/vb/showthread.php?t=25551 )

Stick with any of the above and you will be fine.

Cheers!

ScreaminYellow 10-11-2006 09:16 PM

The place that is doing my tune said it was 375 just to have it flashed or $450(the same tune but I get to take the X2 home with me)

Sorry for sounding ignorant but do you still recomend a cold air intake even though they are performing the flash tune? The guy stated that the flash tune would add about 20HP.

I figure with my GT muffler(possible 10 HP increase) Pulley(16 HP according to this link http://www.rpmoutlet.com/05v6up.htm) and now the Flash tune (maybe 20 HP) I will have an increase close to 50 HP.

jericho73 10-11-2006 09:31 PM

ORIGINAL: ScreaminYellow

The place that is doing my tune said it was 375 just to have it flashed or $450(the same tune but I get to take the X2 home with me)

Sorry for sounding ignorant but do you still recomend a cold air intake even though they are performing the flash tune? The guy stated that the flash tune would add about 20HP.

I figure with my GT muffler(possible 10 HP increase) Pulley(16 HP according to this link http://www.rpmoutlet.com/05v6up.htm) and now the Flash tune (maybe 20 HP) I will have an increase close to 50 HP.
Don't ever believe stated hp gains of a product unless you see multiple, independant dynos by owners. Manufacters always inflate the numbers...theres mods for the v6 out there that claim decent gains but have been show to provide zero.

As for an intake, if you are staying N/A I'd say buy a tuner/intake combo with th C&L. But if going F/I you'll have to get rid of that intake anyway, so in that case just get a tuner.

ScreaminYellow 10-11-2006 09:37 PM

Thanks for the info guys.

nonstopred 10-11-2006 10:36 PM

lots of the mods like the cai and the exhaust sort of cancel eachother out...for example there is only so much u can add.

if you add the muffler by itself then yes 10 hp probably. but if u had the cai first a lot less.

ScreaminYellow 10-11-2006 10:40 PM

So maybe after I get the tune on Monday, along with my muffler and pulley, just allocate my remaining funds for something like 373 gears

I will be honest I am 32 years old and have never had a ticket in my life. For me, a car that can go 170 or a car that can go 120 are the same. I am more interested in low end torque or acceleration from light to light

Is it possible to put a stutter box in our car? :D

Justin_R 10-11-2006 10:53 PM

If you just want the power for low end torque than why not get 4.10's instead of 3.73's it will give you alot more low end power.

ORIGINAL: ScreaminYellow

So maybe after I get the tune on Monday, along with my muffler and pulley, just allocate my remaining funds for something like 373 gears

I will be honest I am 32 years old and have never had a ticket in my life. For me, a car that can go 170 or a car that can go 120 are the same. I am more interested in low end torque or acceleration from light to light

Is it possible to put a stutter box in our car? :D

ScreaminYellow 10-11-2006 10:58 PM

If you just want the power for low end torque than why not get 4.10's instead of 3.73's it will give you alot more low end power.
Do you have a link to a site you recomend that I could buy theses from? I appreciate the help

stratjakt 10-11-2006 11:00 PM

I have the TI/demolet CAI and canned tunes, which he told me were conservative tunes from Ryan@SCT. Would talking to another tuner about a different canned tune be worth it, or should I just wait and have a custom dyno tune done?