Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Sometimes there's nothing you can do

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 03:45 AM
Epsom

Default RE: Sometimes there's nothing you can do

its good that your not hurt too bad man...may the tungstang rest in peace...milk the insurance get everything you can!
Old 10-13-2006, 03:48 AM
Riggs007
2nd Gear Member

so how does the insurance work there? If the car is written off, they replace it or just what the cars worth? Do they give you a new model or find one the same year and mileage?
Old 10-13-2006, 03:49 AM
Riggs007
2nd Gear Member

and is it government insurance or private?
Old 10-13-2006, 07:29 AM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

im so sorry to hear of what happened ! I wish you the best with everything!!!
Old 10-13-2006, 08:07 AM
Dats1NiceMustang
2nd Gear Member

Did you have gap? If you did don't let them use that cause you will have pay the deductible make the other persons insurance pay it off (if it's totaled) sometimes man people can over tell the truth, your car might not be that bad.......hope for the best though whatever happens and glad you are ok
Old 10-13-2006, 09:19 AM
mtbker29
3rd Gear Member

Glad you are ok.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:57 AM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't thought about what the other insurance company may do. I'm going to take your advice and let everything go through my insurance.
ORIGINAL: undecided.steve

Wow, that's too bad!
Be thankful you weren't seriously injured though.
You can always replace a car, but body parts are a lot more difficult to replace.

My advice to you is to keep mum to the insurance company about your mods because those *** are always looking for a way to weasel out of paying.
Get a body shop of YOUR choosing to inspect the car and decide what needs to be done.

IMHO the best thing you can do is get the car totaled because after a serious accident like that, chances are good it will never be the same.
If you got a good deal on the car you should get most of your money back and your insurance company will go after the other person's insurance company to collect your deductable.
Seeing as you were standing still, it's pretty much a given you will win this one.

Above all DO NOT SIGN ANY PAPERS!!!!!
The other insurance companie(s) are going to send you stuff asking for description of the accident scene etc.

DO NOT ANSWER THEM DIRECTLY!

Instead, let them know that you are forwarding the papers to YOUR insurance company for review.

Best of luck to you!
Old 10-13-2006, 12:07 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

My insurance company will assess the value. Considering all the mods I have put into it they should give me replacement value since they were all purchased within the last 12 months. Any upgrades older than 12 months are not considered for rembursment (even engines). I guess they will total all that up and put it against what is owed and if it's negative my gap insurance will take care of the remaining value so I'm not "out of pocket." If I'm to the positive I get a check and I go car shopping.

Good thing is they will go after the other insurance company for my deductible and lost wages (not working today) and in TN they can get pain and suffering.
ORIGINAL: Riggs007

so how does the insurance work there? If the car is written off, they replace it or just what the cars worth? Do they give you a new model or find one the same year and mileage?
Old 10-13-2006, 12:09 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for all the positive thoughts guys and gals. I'll let you know the outcome.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:18 PM
pony girl 05
3rd Gear Member

Sorry to hear but glad you are ok. Hope everythig turns out ok with the car/ ins situation