Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Need some spending advice please

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 11:27 PM
torchred05V6mustang
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Need some spending advice please

u should get some sway bars, struct tower brace, lower springs to get lower center of gravity, get a k&n intake kit or steeda for that matter

if u have squeaky brakes, get new brakes

im planning to install those and many others haha
Old 10-14-2006, 09:55 AM
djl0657
2nd Gear Member

Don't want to rain on your money parade, but is that 10K before or after taxes? If you have to pay tax, you'll lose about 35 percent to the government before you get the check. When I retired, I got paid for my unused vacation and that's what happens.

As for the mods, there are way too many ways to spend money on our cars. Me, I would have my dream wheels and tires installed and some minor appearance items. I like the way the car performs now. Whatever you decide, your girlfriend is a KEEPER !!!! My wife would have me investing the money and I would never see it.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:14 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

I'd go for an X-Charger and tell the GF she isn't a wife YET and I'll spend MY money any way I want! LOL Then if she sticks around she's a keeper! But that's just me, and I've been divorced once!
Old 10-17-2006, 09:21 PM
ScreaminYellow
1st Gear Member

Hi guys

I had my car Dyno's yesterday and GT Muffler added. Here are the quotes they gave me for the SC. What is the difference, is this reasonable, and which one should I get?

HO Vortech kit $4,130.00

Install blower kit $680.00

Dyno tune $187.50

----------------------------------------
Total $4997.50

Standard Vortech Kit $3,180.00

Install Blower Kit $595.00

Dyno Tune $187.50

---------------------------------------------

Total $3,962.50
Old 10-17-2006, 10:06 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

If you can get either one than definetely get the HO kit.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:09 PM
ScreaminYellow
1st Gear Member

Whats the difference?
Old 10-17-2006, 10:36 PM
pperin
I ♥ Acer

Hey Screamin!! You'll get so much great preformance advise here. I am gonna give you some that you may not get here.... GET RID OF THE GIRL!!! Believe me if you are "begging" to spend yur own money now I can't tell you what is ahead for you. You can forget the mustang !! Dude I am not kidding here if you get rid of her you can use all the money for mods not to mention keeping all your money when the marriage is over and statisticaly 50% says it will be over and in your case most likely 75%.
I know you probably won't listen but now you've been warned. Good luck and enjoy your Stang while you still have it.....
Old 10-17-2006, 10:41 PM
ScreaminYellow
1st Gear Member

I got married once and I knew her for 2 months(real smart move) we were divorced 8 months later. This girl I am with now we have dated for 6.5 years and she is actually pretty cool

She has no problem spending the money(except she wants to buy a hot tub to put out by the pool instead)

Lets see Hot Tub or SC

I think you know my answer to that
Old 10-17-2006, 10:47 PM
pperin
I ♥ Acer

Funny how they are quick to find someplace to spend your cash. I'm glad you have some experience. So you should know that once the become WIFE they change.
There is NO BENEFIT for a man to get married no matter what she tells you. If yu've been with her for 6 years great why change whats been working for that long?
Dude it's not my business but just say red flags in your post. My girl and I have been together for 8 yrs and we have a 3 yr old son we have no intention of being married.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:50 PM
pperin
I ♥ Acer

By the way I would go for the x-charger I have been reading up on it and it is awesome. $3800.00 and the kit includes everything you need

Quick Reply: Need some spending advice please