Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Swaybar Install - Pics??

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 01:31 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Default Swaybar Install - Pics??

Well, I am finally installing my front and rear GT takeoff sways tomorrow..... I have looked through a bunch of threads and can't quite find what I want....

1. I have a lift available to me, but, did I see somewhere that it is NOT good to install the sways and tighten the nuts with the wheels hanging down? If so, can I install them while on the lift, then drop it down and tighten them on the ground? Or is all this "car must be on the ground" stuff a bunch of BS?

2. Anybody have good pics of the rear swaybar installed on a vert ??

3. Anybody have the torque numbers that the nuts should be tightened to?
Old 10-13-2006, 03:22 PM
imnutz66
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Swaybar Install - Pics??

Sways will limit axle drop - you would probably have a tough time installing them with the wheels unsupported - you should install with the car on the ground (i put mine up on ramps) I did my vert two weeks ago, just remember that the rear goes over the X-brace and the tag goes to the left (drivers) side, and I just did a farmers torque on mine (tight as you can just before it breaks), I also used blue thread locker on all the bolts
Old 10-13-2006, 03:51 PM
MdnytRider
1st Gear Member

Think this is for a coupe, but the torque numbers should still apply:

Rear Suspension View

I would lower the car before torquing the bolts so you don't stress the links where they attack to the body.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:01 PM
Sevalley
1st Gear Member

ya, I installed it upside down at first cause the sticker tag thing had ripped off mine so I didnt know which side was which. I reversed it and installed it correctly last weekend, OVER the x-brace, took one of the tires off (muffler side) which made it a million times easier to get to the bolts. Shouldnt be too bad, most of the bolts are obvious. I dont have a pic on hand, but beleive there were several in the other thread under the "handling mods" sub-board.