Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Cobalt boys are at it again...

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 07:30 PM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Cobalt boys are at it again...

very true, we would murder them at a roll and at a dead stop. But as for stock they would murder the crap out of us. Sad but very true.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:34 PM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

at a dig we murder them. they are only running at 200 lb. of tourqe. we are running 240 lb. of tourqe. from a dig we murder but you have to understand as soon as their hp starts kicking in from the blower we are done.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:45 PM
DelStang86
2nd Gear Member

the problem i have with this whole thing is that we should show a bit of respect for them (and they should to us)... that's a decent engine with alot of potential (they've run a 1200hp 2.0 on methanol, for god's sake). the Ecotec team has won several NHRA FWD events, and it's about time an american 4 cylinder emerged to compete with these damn imports (the SRT-4 might as well be an import, since Daimler-Chrysler has been in bed with Mitsubishi and Germany for years).
Old 10-15-2006, 07:45 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I havent posted over there in a while, know a few members there that know cars...and hit the track so they don't BS. But not suprised to see this, every site has some ignorant BS like this.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:50 PM
DelStang86
2nd Gear Member

well, considering I've done substantial research on the ecotec, AS A FORMER OWNER OF AN L61, I think that someone should represent them. all the info that was in my last statement was quoted directly from the GM ecotec build book (go pick one up from the dealer.).... Why don't you look up some NHRA records as well. I'm quite knowledgeable about this engine, and I don't like to see incorrect information spread about it. furthermore, why don't you check the PCM's used in most Early 90's dodges and chryslers.. They're MITSU.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:52 PM
4.0 Stang
3rd Gear Member

I had the choice to get a ss Cobalt, mustang, or srt-4. And i choose the mustang due to the fact of how much nicer looking it is and size. I am very happy with the performance of it with all my mods, it is defineatly a fast 6.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:53 PM
DelStang86
2nd Gear Member

definitely.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:01 PM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

Yeah i totally agree. A. i have love mustangs since i was a little kid. and plus why would i get a car like that is so limited to upgrades. I mean it already has a blower on it, and your pretty much already getting everything out of the engine. You can upgrade the s/c and thats pretty much it. But hey let them talk if you need a car like that to feel good about yourself and thats great for you. but i love my car not because its fast but because its fast and it LOOKS GOOD. LOL
Old 10-15-2006, 08:07 PM
StoneWolf
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Horrific_Ending

at a dig we murder them. they are only running at 200 lb. of tourqe. we are running 240 lb. of tourqe. from a dig we murder but you have to understand as soon as their hp starts kicking in from the blower we are done.
They're also about 400 lbs lighter than us. Every review I've read shows that stock-for-stock they have a better 0-60 than us and a faster quarter mile.

I was actually thinking of getting a SC SS but went with the car that I felt looked nicer and would be more fun overall. The V6 Stang being much cheaper was a nice bonus! Whenever I mentioned the Cobalt SS SC to a friend the response I usually got was, "WTF is a Cobalt?" Of course, everyone knows that a Mustang is
Old 10-15-2006, 08:08 PM
DelStang86
2nd Gear Member

yeah... everyone's got their own thing, so i try to respect that (except for most import kids... they have no idea what they're talking about and they don't do any work by themselves, since they have all that M & D sponsorship going on)

Quick Reply: Cobalt boys are at it again...