Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Too much power!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 06:46 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: No more power!

ORIGINAL: 996r916sps

Yeah, I figured they would be worth something. Not "0".

I will let you know what JBA says, I was wondering if they would give me a discount on their dual exhaust kit or something.

I'll find 6rwhp/6rwtq somewhere, so I can make my goal of 220rwhp/250rwtq. It won't be easy, but at least I'll know my N/A combo is sorted out nicely. Maybe some of the mods will pay off some dividends when boost is added.

On another note, I'm really glad to see the X-Charger making some gains. I like the kit, I just don't like the price. It's cool to see a V6'er made it into the twelves. Congrats!

See ya!

Hmmm.... ok... tell me more about your muffler... you listed it as a prototype... do you have more info on it? What kind of gains did you see with it?
Old 10-24-2006, 10:39 AM
996r916sps
1st Gear Member

It is from a company called Spintech, it was a prototype when I got it because they angled the tip and added a 3rd hanger for the V6 model. It needs to be returned to Spintech when I am finished with it. It allowed 7.5rwhp more than the stock muffler, without any other changes. I would say it is on par with the muffler from MRT. We found out that 1/2 of their GT system will fit also, so anyone intersted can just order a passenger side GT muffler from Spintech.

I will eventually be running the GT set from Spintech, when I get my exhaust system sorted out. They are loud, but it's ok with me.

Thanks for asking!
Old 10-24-2006, 10:44 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 996r916sps

It is from a company called Spintech, it was a prototype when I got it because they angled the tip and added a 3rd hanger for the V6 model. It needs to be returned to Spintech when I am finished with it. It allowed 7.5rwhp more than the stock muffler, without any other changes. I would say it is on par with the muffler from MRT. We found out that 1/2 of their GT system will fit also, so anyone intersted can just order a passenger side GT muffler from Spintech.

I will eventually be running the GT set from Spintech, when I get my exhaust system sorted out. They are loud, but it's ok with me.

Thanks for asking!
hmmm... 7.5hp..... I'm thinkin the MRT Aero-Turbine will show a nice gain over the SpinTech... it might just be that 6RWHP you are looking for!
Old 10-24-2006, 04:25 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

scrming, since you are all-knowing and omnipotent when it comes to MRT, what kind of gains could be made from having the GT areo-turbine exhaust kit?
Old 10-24-2006, 05:30 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: omer333

scrming, since you are all-knowing and omnipotent when it comes to MRT, what kind of gains could be made from having the GT areo-turbine exhaust kit?
I honestly don't know... might actually be worse than a single... I know the few guys who tired dual MRT's weren't really happy with the sound...
Old 10-24-2006, 06:30 PM
Puerto Rico 4.6
3rd Gear Member

I was going to say...spintechs are very loud ...I have a friend who has a pair on his GT and the car sounds like a Nascar stocker ...very very loud jejeje. Iam going to try to do a before and after dyno on the jba headers ...just to see what happens.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:12 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Too much power!

ORIGINAL: ST4NG

Nice Job. Once you hit that 14, you wont stop there though. It gets addicting. You'll be pushing for those 13's. Thats why im just saving up for a new engine . (Possibly roush, or a v8 stock)
new engine swap will cost you a lot and it not just engine.. you are gonna need to change many things such as tranny, rear end, suspension.. brakes. radiator and all those little parts to support v-8 engine.. if you can get GT, that would make you happier and it would be a lot easier..

also, if you get in any kind of accident, when insurance company sees that v-8 engine under the hood, they will right away cancel it and will not cover it.. i hope this was kinda helpful..

to the thread starter: those are some awesome times.. congratulations.. keep it up man!!
Old 10-24-2006, 09:09 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

I honestly don't know... might actually be worse than a single... I know the few guys who tired dual MRT's weren't really happy with the sound...
If the sound is such a problem, why not get resonators, or get the MRT with the resonators installed?

The main point of my question had to do with power gains with dual MRTs.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:59 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

If the sound is such a problem, why not get resonators, or get the MRT with the resonators installed?

The main point of my question had to do with power gains with dual MRTs.
I have no data or any experience with putting dual MRTs on the 4.0L... so i really don't know what kind of gains you may or may not see..