Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mazda3 vs Mustang V6

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 02:18 AM
Skoshi42
2nd Gear Member

Default Mazda3 vs Mustang V6

I am an EX Mazda3 hatchback owner... I traded that POS just 6 months after I bought it... this guy asks me why did I sell it.. then he starts talking smack about my Mustang.. im so pissed off at that... heres what he wrote...

"it's not a road car maybe for straight aways but not for maneuvering or turning tight corners or real street driving. It's a gas guzzler. It weighs more then it used to, the frame and turning mechanisms were completely copied from the lincoln LS you can research that if you'd like. The frame needs to be designed a little better, it should be a little wider if it expects to perform better, also a little lower like its predecessors. I'm a big time fan of the old mustangs. The only new mustang I like is the Saleen. as for body kits and ****. There are many for the mazda3 you just gotta get creative. I like the special edition mustang that came in orange it was made for this guy who used to be a pro mustang driver back in the day. the headlights have a grill covering it, it looks sick. The mustang frame cant take much of a beating before it gets bent outa shape. I've seen an old charger with a new SRT8 engine in it, now THAT was kick *** it sold for something like $250k. With a stock mustang the brakes need to be upgraded the turning and shocks need to be upgraded, air intake, front and rear exhaust need to be upgraded, suspension lowered about 1 1/2 - 2inches. Some minor weight reductions to get rid of that fisher price look to it. It looks soo flamboyant stock. It looks like bulkishy made for a girl and almost bubbley. Not like the old ones that deffinatly looked more aggressive. new wheels all together. Also the mustangs tend to run a bit hot I think so it's not a matter of air intake but rather a matter of heat disbursement. maybe some slices on the sides of the hood would work well. I also think that the new backend of the car is heavier then it used to be. Compare the specs if you want. I think the only thing the new one is good for is fuel efficiency when it wants to be. It takes forever to get from 0-60 in a stock mustang. I've raced them before in my mazda3 and totally kicked their asses. Only on the highway do they stand a chance, but then again cen they turn as fast as a mazda3? No. Also, Mazda3s use ford focus brakes lol. I just think that's funny because i ****in hate ford focus'. If the side panels for the body were widened it would be given a very aggressive look with wide wheels which would then give it more grip and lowered suspension. 500hp would do real nice if tuned properly. I think all cars need pedal shifters on the wheel though. The really new cars don't even rely on stick anymore because the automatic computer shifts faster then any human could possibly shift. Check out the latest porsche."
Old 10-16-2006, 02:22 AM
DelStang86
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Mazda3 vs Mustang V6

what an idiot. we don't have a lincoln ls suspension.. it was considered, and that's a common misconception... why would they waste a luxury (comfort) suspension on a car they sell for less than 20k?
Old 10-16-2006, 02:23 AM
DelStang86
2nd Gear Member

+... i've shat all over mazda 3's in my stang.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:30 AM
StoneWolf
1st Gear Member

Sounds like he's never even been in a Mustang.

It also sounds like he doesn't know anything about cars.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:31 AM
Dats1NiceMustang
2nd Gear Member

Wow the way it looks to me is he frigging talks to much tell him to put his money where his mouth is and bust his *** in reverse
Old 10-16-2006, 02:32 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

That dip**** should have stayed in school and off drugs! There were too many pieces of bad info there to even begin correcting.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:33 AM
|UCF|chron
2nd Gear Member

my freinds mazda 3 is slow and ugly
Old 10-16-2006, 02:34 AM
Skoshi42
2nd Gear Member

I hated my Mazda3!!! thats why i traded it in.... he owns a 4spd auto Mazda3... and he thinks its faster than a mustang?? heres his myspace if you wanna check out his lame video....

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendid=6063622
Old 10-16-2006, 02:39 AM
Dats1NiceMustang
2nd Gear Member

Skoshi don't stress man everyone knows you got one of the sexiest mustangs on this forum his mommy probably passed the car down to him cause she went and got her a real sports car
Old 10-16-2006, 02:44 AM
Skoshi42
2nd Gear Member

Dats1NiceMustang

Skoshi don't stress man everyone knows you got one of the sexiest mustangs on this forum his mommy probably passed the car down to him cause she went and got her a real sports car
thanks man, I really appreciated that... I think everybodies mustang here is awesome... Mustang Pride is a passion, we live it everyday...

Quick Reply: Mazda3 vs Mustang V6