Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Calling All Bumper Conversion 4.0s

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 09:17 PM
Its A Stang Thang
2nd Gear Member

Default Calling All Bumper Conversion 4.0s

Hey everyone, misfortune has managed to lead to good things in my moding cause; long story short I got rearended and now I have an excuse to buy the GT bumpers and fog lights and do true duals! So I have many questions, bear with me, as I need this info quckly and as accurate as possible.

First little bit of help I need. I will be buying the GT Bumper Package from Diversified Marketing. I think many of us here have dealt with them, and they seem to be very reuputable, can anyone give me a little background information on their service as well as how long you waited to get your parts. I will be ordering the GT Front Bumper with Grille and Fogs, Back Bumper, 2 GT Mufflers, and the free Side skirts. Also, are there any specifc people that I should get in touch with there to get a better deal. I'm gonna try to take the angle of the fact that they are having a sale and the package is going for only 345 + 100 flat fee for shipping.

My next concern is a major concern for me. I am desperately in need of the part list and numbers that are required for the GT Bumpers to be successfully installed on the car. Such things would be the GT Fog Switch, wiring harness, radiator foam of some sort, and the wheel well covers, I know there is alot more parts, I am in desperate need of this list, as I cannot find the list on here anymore. PLEASE this is of major concern to me.

The next issue I have is I'm going to be running true duals on the car with the GT Mufflers, if I tell the auto shop to do whats required, can they jsut fabricate an H Pipe for me, or is there an H Pipe out there currently for our cars?

Any and all infromation would be much appreciated and I am very gratefull for any help recieved. I'd really like to get this done, each day I come home from school to see my Mustang siting lonely in garage with the bumper all messed up, makes me sad, so I'd like to get that picture out of my head ASAP!
Old 10-16-2006, 09:30 PM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Calling All Bumper Conversion 4.0s

OK...

I had a great experience with DM, talked with the sales guy over the phone. I forget his name. Got the front fascia gt take-offs...came in perfect condition.

For the front, you need to order the GT isolator, and GT left and right FRONT-FRONT wheelhouse liners (that's what they call them on the Ford site). You can also get the lower radiator shield, but I think a number of the guys who have done the conversion, including myself, haven't installed it...doesn't seem critical. Go to www.fordparts.com, in the body parts menu choose 2005, then Ford, click search, then choose Mustang. From there, just click around the left-side menu, and you'll find everything you need. I believe the isolator is in the "front bumper and compnonents" menu and the wheelhouse liners are in the "fender" or "front fender" menu. I never found anything for the wiring harness/switch on the website...you may have to go to a dealership for that.

I haven't done a dual exhaust on mine yet, so I can't really help you there...SORRY!

I highly suggest checking out Spartan's "HOW TO" guide in the appearance sub-forum...extremely helpful.

Hope this helps!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 09:41 PM
Its A Stang Thang
2nd Gear Member

Thank you so much I appreciate it alot! As for Spartans guide, I was planning on using that to help my install when my Car wasn't all banged up, however since she's gonna be in a body shop for 3 weeks, I'm jsut gonna have the guys there do it.

Thanks again for the info!
Old 10-16-2006, 09:49 PM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Its A Stang Thang

The next issue I have is I'm going to be running true duals on the car with the GT Mufflers, if I tell the auto shop to do whats required, can they jsut fabricate an H Pipe for me, or is there an H Pipe out there currently for our cars?
If you want true duals, then you won't have any cross-over pipe (h-pipe, x-pipe). You will just have two individual pipes running from the headers on the right and left sides. They will not come together at any point. I have an h-pipe for sound purposes and gains of 1-2 rwhp.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:54 PM
Its A Stang Thang
2nd Gear Member

Ok, then I guess i was misinformed previously, thanks I would like to go the H pipe route.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:49 PM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

if you head over to the mustang source forum, look for a guy named kevin (His username is 05Stangkc) he can give you a hotsheet with all the parts you need. You can even sell you the hangers for your Duals. i am going to order all my parts from him. I am going to be doing this conversion over the weekend.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:02 PM
stanger06

hey i am interested in putting the GT body kit on my stang. were did you find everything for $345. i went on the diversified marketing website but i am not sure that is where i need to be looking. could you please post a link or something!! thanks
Old 10-18-2006, 12:22 AM
MarioP3_XR4Ti
1st Gear Member

Go onto eBay and look them up under sellers, here is a link to a eBay auction they're running:

eBay Diversified Auction

I ordered this one last week and received everything yesterday. And they did a great job packaging everything and it all got here with no problems via FedEx ground.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:23 AM
ThePointman

The guys name is Nick.