Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

so how you guys like your cars

Old 10-20-2006, 09:03 PM
Volcom66
2nd Gear Member

Default so how you guys like your cars

i crashed my 66 mustang into a semi yesterday i no longer want a powerfull car. im not saying v6 does not have power dont get me wrong im just saying 200hp isnt really alot. im looking at a new 6. so how is? are they pretty nice? they get up to speed for the freeway pretty nice? im not crashing on you guys at all i just never owned a v6 or know anyone with one so i dont know how they are. thanks for any input
Old 10-20-2006, 09:29 PM
BHRS
1st Gear Member

Default RE: so how you guys like your cars

When I decided to buy a Mustang I tried to keep an open mind and look at the V6 and the GT. I test drove both cars-both 5-speeds. I was more impressed with the V6 than the GT. My plan was for a daily driver with the good looks of a mid 60's Mustang. The V6 seemed to handle city driving better than the GT did. When I took them onto the freeway, the GT had more getup and go, but the V6 was no dog either. For me the V6 is a better choice.

I picked up my V6 auto Pony Package Vista Blue baby last weekend. This week has been a joy-I am glad I got the V6 and auto combo. It is smooth and quick. If this were to be a race car or my only "hot rod" I would have bought the GT. I will continue to drive this one daily and work on my '31 Plymouth coupe on the weekend's. And yes-it will have a HEMI.

Are you buying a daily driver or something to race and show?

Drive both back to back-then decide.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:31 PM
Rogue24
2nd Gear Member

Acceleration is great for everyday driving. I beat a Plymouth Prowler bone stock, the ride is also smooth and the interior is comfortable, take one for a test drive if your really interested.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:57 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

I have just over 600 miles so far and am happy. This is no dog.. it can get you where you want to go.. and is great on the highway...and looks great doing it.

Fit and finish.. well.. it's a 19-25g car.. but it's fine for me.

It was bigger than I expected.. but I am very used to it now. Very easy to get used to.. handling is very predictable.

Get the Pony Package for the suspension and bigger wheels.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:03 PM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

I love my car i think its a great daily driver. It does have a nice amount of power, enough power for your everyday use. Good gas mileage if you dont punch the acceleration alot and i think its pretty comfortable and im a bigger guy so its an overall great car in my opinion.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:08 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Mine is my Daily Driver... It's my Show car... It's my Race Car... LOL!
Old 10-20-2006, 10:52 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

My car is my daily driver and race car. I'm 19 and go to college in NY and I love this car. If you're looking for a daily driver, this is your car. It's got suprising top end acceleration for a v6. I have an automatic mineral gray 05 by the way. The gas mileage is great, looks great. And ya know, the funny thing is is that the GT is nose heavy and not balanced as well as the v6. Why isn't Shelby building a custom v8 like they built the CS6??? The car is fun, yet fast when you want it to be. My friend who has an 89' Mustang LX 5.0 with exhaust, CAI, GT40 intake manifolds, and some other stuff drove my car and said that he was really damn suprised and that it definetly got up and went for a v6. Also, the ride is really nice on it also and I'm a big guy, i'm 6'2" 200lbs lol and i'm comfortable in it.
GET THE 6!! lol...hope that helped.
-Mike
Old 10-20-2006, 11:15 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

if your not worried too much about speed from the factory i think the pony package v6 is the best. I dont have it but it handles so nice compared to without it. I liek the way it handles better than a gt too.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:59 PM
Volcom66
2nd Gear Member

alright thanks guys, i think i will go for some test drives tomorrow! no this car is for daily driving my 66 was my fun car for show. its college time, i have other things to pay for besides classic car parts all the time lol. i will probly go for the pony package for the suspension upgrade. thanks again ill let you know how it goes.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:48 AM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

Volcom66, I'm really sorry to hear about your 66 and I hope you're ok. Is she fix-able? The nice thing about an 05+ is you get all the latest safety equipment which the originals didn't have. I'm really happy with my 05. I installed the GT grille and the front end looks very, very much like a 69. I'm even trying to fit an original 69 front spoiler. We put my spouses coupe (yes, I've got two of them) on the dyno in pure stock trim the other day and got 180.65 RWHP and 211.53 RWT which is in line with the GTs of just a few years ago so they do have sufficient power for most day to day situations. I'd suggest after you test drive one, you try renting one for a few days so you can see what living with the V6 is like over time.

Again, hope you're ok

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: so how you guys like your cars