Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

First Accident

Old 11-06-2006, 01:19 AM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

Default RE: First Accident

ORIGINAL: HurricaneStang

So i went out to the movies earlier and went with 2 of my friends. My one friend wanted to drive my car but i wouldnt let him...Well now i wish i had let him drive.

We got out of the theater and went back to the car. I started backing out of my spot and ugh! I hit a dudes truck. Luckily i was creeping out otherwise it couldve been even more of a nightmare. His truck didnt get hurt because of his bumper guard but i wasnt so lucky. On the back right around the quarter panel, its the piece that is attached above where the bumper fits on, theres 2 penny sized chips, scratches and 4 dents. I seriously almost cried.

Now im wondering if anyone could tell me what they think this might cost to fix. The dents didnt crack the paint which im fortune of so im hoping they can just be popped out but as for the scratches and the chipping im not sure how to go about fixing it. Since the piece that got messed up is the one side part that carries from the back by the trunk to above the window trim is a big piece i hope that it doesnt all have to be replaced.

Any thoughts?........I still wanna cry
I would cry too my friend. I thought you were replacing the bumper with a GT bumper?