Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Completed 1st xcross event...Video

Old 10-23-2006, 03:28 PM
A_Sixer
2nd Gear Member

Default Completed 1st xcross event...Video

hello,

I posted this on the collective, though I would share it too......
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I finally made it to my first event..... Yeah!!!

The good news.....

Our cars handle!! period!!! If you still thing we drive a piece of iron with huge unmanageble power that only goes fast straight..... You are wrong!! our cars will hang with the best of them......

Now the bad news.... Took me two runs just to get settled, completed the last 2 runs ok but after watching my recordings of the event I can see that I am just very late picking up speed.... and I applied absolutely no course strategy..... But It was a blast!!!
I hope I can make it to all of the DC events next seasson, and hopefully with some help I can improve.... (God do I need it ..LOL)
Anyways here is a clip of "HOW NOT TO DRIVE IN AN AUTOCROSS EVENT"

http://media.putfile.com/xcross-Newbie-run
Old 10-23-2006, 04:38 PM
Backlash
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Completed 1st xcross event...Video

u should have been in a higher gear
Old 10-23-2006, 05:58 PM
A_Sixer
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Backlash

u should have been in a higher gear
Yep, Agreed..........

But with the SC I have to be very carefull..... I redline in second in a heart beat!!!! What I really need to do is look ahead so that I can build speed out of the corner, instead of figuring out where to go next......LOL

Thanks
Old 10-23-2006, 08:04 PM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

I actually thought you were a little low in the power band, but after reading your comment about the SC and 2nd gear, I understand. Considering that was your first run, you are looking very good. Most people kill a lot of cones initially. [sm=smiley32.gif]

Get a copy of Secrets of Solo Racing by Henry A. Watts. It is an excellent guide to autocrossing for the beginner. I especially liked the section about walking the course before the event and calculating your entry and exit points.

Again, great run!!! [sm=smiley20.gif]

Edit: A_fixer, how do you mount your camera? I'd be interested in seeing some photos of the mount. It was amazingly stable during your run.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:15 PM
Backlash
2nd Gear Member

thats what i emant...i meant he was probably in 3rd or fourth and should have been in second...sorry bout the confusion
Old 10-23-2006, 09:42 PM
A_Sixer
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pyrat

I actually thought you were a little low in the power band, but after reading your comment about the SC and 2nd gear, I understand. Considering that was your first run, you are looking very good. Most people kill a lot of cones initially. [sm=smiley32.gif]

Get a copy of Secrets of Solo Racing by Henry A. Watts. It is an excellent guide to autocrossing for the beginner. I especially liked the section about walking the course before the event and calculating your entry and exit points.

Edit: A_fixer, how do you mount your camera? I'd be interested in seeing some photos of the mount. It was amazingly stable during your run.
A_Fixer??? you called me A_Fixer??? that guy still thinks anything other than the xcharger looks like a sweage plant....LOL

J/K ...A_Fixer is the man!!

The camera mount thingy..... I am writing a how to for the 40collective but I'll post it in here as well.....

@Backlash

No prob dude!! I know what you meant, and you are correct ..... except that I can not run on second without redlining.... there is plenty of power on third, just have to manage entry and exit points so that I can get on the throttle quicker.....It will come...

Old 10-23-2006, 09:47 PM
Backlash
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: A_Sixer

ORIGINAL: Pyrat

A_Fixer??? you called me A_Fixer??? that guy still thinks anything other than the xcharger looks like a sweage plant....LOL

J/K ...A_Fixer is the man!!

The camera mount thingy..... I am writing a how to for the 40collective but I'll post it in here as well.....

@Backlash

No prob dude!! I know what you meant, and you are correct ..... except that I can not run on second without redlining.... there is plenty of power on third, just have to manage entry and exit points so that I can get on the throttle quicker.....It will come...

[petergriffin] hahahaha, you said come[/petergriffin]
Old 10-23-2006, 11:49 PM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

A_Sixer ->[sm=icon_beat.gif]<-Pyrat

[sm=sorry.gif]
Old 10-24-2006, 12:13 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Cool video. It's nice to see folks enjoying their S197. Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing...
Old 10-24-2006, 04:33 AM
tacatc
2nd Gear Member

As I have said in another post this is more the type of racing I'm into, how do you thing an automatic would fair in x-cross?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Completed 1st xcross event...Video