Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Muffler.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 12:59 AM
chavalo_nm1
3rd Gear Member

Default Muffler.

Which single Axle back muffler gives the ****** power? Jk........Horse power.
Im sure the MRT gives the most gain..........what are the next few? ANd how much RWHP?
Old 10-24-2006, 01:06 AM
chavalo_nm1
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Muffler.

I meant the which one gives the MOST horse power?
Old 10-24-2006, 01:12 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

I have the MRT. Its loud, it sounds great, and everyone under the age of 60 loves it..lol It is said to give close to something like 17rwhp. Everything else is around 10rwhp. Ex: Borla axle back, JBA axle back, and GT takeoff. There are others but those are most common. www.v6mustangstuff.com has pretty much all of them here: http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/05V6Exhaust.htm
Old 10-24-2006, 01:16 AM
chavalo_nm1
3rd Gear Member

17 RWHP? Im sorry man but theres no way that a muffler on our cars adds......17 rwhp........ Maybe 10 at the most.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:24 AM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

Check the dyno chart on MRTs website
Old 10-24-2006, 01:26 AM
chavalo_nm1
3rd Gear Member

You check it out.........jk.........going there now
Old 10-24-2006, 01:45 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

no offense to scrmings car, and he knows this too, but you cant claim gains if you dont do them back to back. the 10rwhp gain from stock muffler to his first one on one day, then the 7rwhp gain over that onoe with the mrt, on another day.

most mufflers are going to give you about the same gain. its all about the sound you wish to achieve.
EDIT: and for the record, scrming has never claimed 17rwhp, its everyone else thats grabbing that number ouot of the air.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:02 AM
chavalo_nm1
3rd Gear Member

Thanks ..............but can anyone give off the top of their head ...........what the estimated gains on different mufflers?
MRt .......Gt take off.........ford racing...borla.......magna flow....magna floams (lol....sorry guys)......etc
Old 10-24-2006, 04:09 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Like it was said on an earlier post.....The most common gains are 7-10hp, to get exact hp for each muffler they would have to do some dynoing but just expect 7-10rwhp for those that were listed.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:39 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fazm

no offense to scrmings car, and he knows this too, but you cant claim gains if you dont do them back to back. the 10rwhp gain from stock muffler to his first one on one day, then the 7rwhp gain over that onoe with the mrt, on another day.

most mufflers are going to give you about the same gain. its all about the sound you wish to achieve.
EDIT: and for the record, scrming has never claimed 17rwhp, its everyone else thats grabbing that number ouot of the air.
No offense is ever taken... and you are right, i never claim 17RWHP...

I do however claim that the MRT Aero-Turbine outperformed the more expensive Magnaflow.... And since most of the aftermarket mufflers are similarly designed I believe the MRT will outperform them too! The Aero-Turbine really does produce the Bernuli (spelling?) effect! More on the science of Aero-Turbine at: http://www.aeroexhaust.com

Now... I am going to defend my dyno comparison some what. Lidio uses SAE correction. That should really make things pretty fair, even if the dyno runs are not on the say day. And you know as well as I do I anyone can play cames on the dyno to show any gains they want to! I can honestly say, that while the dyno pulls were on different days they were performed in very similar conditions. It was the middle of winter in Michigan so we were inside the shop with the door closed! The SAE correction should have adjusted the results for any differences!

We did everything in our powers to make this a fair of a test as possible... multiple runs with same cool down period and making sure coolant temps and intake temps were very close to the same... We then took what we thought were the best representive pulls and compared them! Honestly I could have shown some more comparisons that showed the MRT had even MORE gains! In the dyno you can see the MRT clearly out performed the Magnaflow. I will stand by that statement! Also notice how the HP drops off quicker on the Magnaflow than the MRT. Again, this is the Bernuli effect! I was very skeptical about all this stuff until i actually drove my car with that darn thing on! That's why I even had the car dyno'ed! My butt dyno felt a nice little gain... I didn't believe it so i paid Lidio to dyno the car!

Again... I don't claim 17RWHP... but I do claim more than 10RWHP.... and a better power curve!

More stuff at : http://www.v6john.com/Main/Performan.../axle_back.htm

Quick Reply: Muffler.